Eotech safety issues

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
Bama
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Eotech safety issues

Post by Bama » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:37 am

Reading this is a bit over my head. What does this mean for the everyday person that would use one of these Eotech's for defense if needed?

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30/so ... /#comments
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Eotech safety issues

Post by PDM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:02 am

I just read this earlier. While it would cause an issue for extreme use, the average user would never see a mechanical issue. Legal ramifications from the military side would carry over to the commercial market.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:07 am

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this, I'm sure some others will pick up on this and do some testing. Not sure yet if it would even effect me.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:38 am

I have no issues with the EOTEC I do not have.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:40 am

Might be the VW of the optic world?

:llama:
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 am

I was assuming it would only affect military use, but wanted to make sure I read it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:02 am

Main reason I replaced the eotech on my Tavor with a Meprolight True Dot RDS is that I got tired of having to adjust the brightness of the darn thing every time I manually turned it on. Who the heck needs 20+ brightness settings to go through anyway? With the Meprolight it's auto on, in the last setting you left it in, with the slightest movement of the gun. Just putting my hand on the gun will turn it on. Combine that with an auto off, if no movement within 30 minutes, and a battery life of 15,000 hours on one AA on max brightness it's pretty much as worry free as a RDS can get right now. And it's IDF tested.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:15 am

WLJ wrote:Main reason I replaced the eotech on my Tavor with a Meprolight True Dot RDS is that I got tired of having to adjust the brightness of the darn thing every time I manually turned it on. Who the heck needs 20+ brightness settings to go through anyway? With the Meprolight it's auto on, in the last setting you left it in, with the slightest movement of the gun. Just putting my hand on the gun will turn it on. Combine that with an auto off, if no movement within 30 minutes, and a battery life of 15,000 hours on one AA on max brightness it's pretty much as worry free as a RDS can get right now. And it's IDF tested.
I'm going to have to look into that one.

Kingdom Concealment

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:57 am

Bama wrote:
WLJ wrote:Main reason I replaced the eotech on my Tavor with a Meprolight True Dot RDS is that I got tired of having to adjust the brightness of the darn thing every time I manually turned it on. Who the heck needs 20+ brightness settings to go through anyway? With the Meprolight it's auto on, in the last setting you left it in, with the slightest movement of the gun. Just putting my hand on the gun will turn it on. Combine that with an auto off, if no movement within 30 minutes, and a battery life of 15,000 hours on one AA on max brightness it's pretty much as worry free as a RDS can get right now. And it's IDF tested.
I'm going to have to look into that one.

On an AR it will give you lower 1/3 co-witness and on a Tavor absolute co-witness in much the same way as the higher eotechs do such as the 517 so be aware of that.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:36 am

This don't sound good.
Elite Defense, a minor player in the domestic market (but a major acquisitions center for international defense, police, etc.) has announced they are formally cutting ties with EOTech over the issue and EOTech’s inability to communicate the issues, communicate deliveries, or just communicate in general.
One of EOTech’s International Distributors is Bailing & It Gets Worse
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... TIFlz.dpuf

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:39 am

No bueno, it's a shame. I've never had an issue with any Eotechs, I've ever run, this includes the ones used overseas.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:00 am

Anything man made will fail.

Return to “Optics”