Vortex viper mod.

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Vortex viper mod.

Post by jdf747emt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:25 pm

I did the RWI, course Sunday and noticed my fat body rolling in the dirt I would hit the NVG, mode and lose my red or green dot, called Vortex customer service, they said send it to them to be modified free, the new vipers are just using the normal up and down for all modes. Simple is better! So if you have a viper, get it modded, before you do a carbine course. Vortex customer service number is 800 426 0048.
Creed of Platoon 1007, B Compnay, 1st Bat. Parris Island 1978 April 24. When your hot your hot, if not your dead.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Vortex viper mod.

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:21 pm

jdf747emt wrote:I did the RWI, course Sunday and noticed my fat body rolling in the dirt I would hit the NVG, mode and lose my red or green dot, called Vortex customer service, they said send it to them to be modified free, the new vipers are just using the normal up and down for all modes. Simple is better! So if you have a viper, get it modded, before you do a carbine course. Vortex customer service number is 800 426 0048.

I did the same, the NV mode button would catch on my gear when transitioning to secondary. I do not think it would be an issue for a left handed guy.

Decided against keeping them long ago for that only reason. Glad they will mod it.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Return to “Optics”