Trijicon RMR Type 2

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Trijicon RMR Type 2

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Trijicon's RMR Type 2 has been talked about for at least six months now, but there's never been any official acknowledgement that I'm aware of. This is the first official documentation on the new RMR. The original RMR has been the gold standard for pistol mounted optics for quite a while, but it has been an accepted fact that every optic WILL fail eventually. Trijicon's RMR Type 2 should address that. The footprint is the same, no changes required in milling, mounts, or adapters. The electronic technology has been improved and hardened against the harsh recoil associated with pistol slide mounting. Grant of G&R Tactical says they should be shipping this week.

Personally, I'd be much more excited to see Aimpoint release something intended for pistol mounting, BUT.... we'll see when that ever happens. I'll likely have a CZ P10 C milled for an RMR 2 once my P10 arrives and proves itself.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Trijicon RMR Type 2

Post by ssracer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Wasn't aimpoint kind of integral in helping design the ALG 10 Second mount? They basically built it to mount a T1. May be why they are in no hurry to develop an RMR.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Perhaps, but I don't think so. I think that was all Bill Geissele's doing.

Aimpoint has their Nano, built specifically for B&T's Universal Service Weapon. I think they'll eventually take the tech from their Nano and put it in a new wrapper for pistol slide mounting.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Whootsinator wrote:Aimpoint has their Nano, built specifically for B&T's Universal Service Weapon. I think they'll eventually take the tech from their Nano and put it in a new wrapper for pistol slide mounting.
I'm something of an Aimpoint fanboy, so I hope this is true...but I'm not holding my breath. Legendary durability is a point of pride with Aimpoint, which leads me to believe we'll not see a slide-ride optic any time soon.

kymarkh
Been liked: 5 times

Post by kymarkh » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Great news and rmr'ing a P10c would be one hell of a setup

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:44 pm

The biggest change is in the battery contact. There is a new spring, double contacts, and an added o-ring.
RMR T2.jpg
RMR T2.jpg (106.49 KiB) Viewed 2162 times

Much improved over the old style that has no o-ring, no tensioning spring, and one contact that you had to bend outward to get enough pressure.

Oh, and it's cheaper than the old one, too. Leupold releasing the attractively-priced Delta Point Pro really forced Trijicon's hand. Street price on the new models should be about $100 lower than street price on the old models.
Last edited by Whootsinator on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Return to “Optics”