Eberlestock Halftrack (Pic Heavy )

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Eberlestock Halftrack (Pic Heavy )

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Eberlestock Halftrack model, this one in Eberlestock's Military Green.

The Military Green color on this pack is unlike any other Military Green I've seen before. It almost seems to change color depending on the environment. Sometimes it looks lighter, sometimes it almost looks like a coyote color... It's awesome.

Eberlestock has another color just like the Military Green that they've kind of invented I guess Called " Dry Earth " And it's just as awesome. It was a hard decision trying to decide which one I liked better.

I guess the only solution is to buy a second Eberlestock pack in Dry Earth... Lol

This pack, along with all of their other models are available in a lot of different color choices - Military Green, Dry Earth, Coyote, Black, all the different camos, etc...

Okay - The Halftrack pack is what I would consider a smaller pack with 2,150ci of space, ( 35 liters ) and weighing in at about 6 pounds it's pretty heavy for a pack this size. The good thing about it though is that it's built like a freaking tank. I've never owned a pack that was built so durable and sturdy. And they offer a lifetime warranty.

If you've owned any number of backpacks from any manufacturer, you'll be able to tell the very minute you pick this up, how great the quality is.

I purchased this pack from deltaoutdoorsman.com. I dealt with a guy named Ceylon Blackwell and the transaction was fantastic... Let me say that again... FANTASTIC. He is a very cutomer oriented guy that is also very likeable and has a great personality. He also won't be outdone on prices with Eberlestock products. If you are in the market for a new pack, you should contact him. I'll include contact info at the bottom of this post.

Okay, when they ship it from the factory to the distributors, it's smashed down quite a bit, like this -

So I basically took some pillows, towels and t shirts and cramed it full and left it this way for about 24 hrs, so it would get it's shape back and be easier to load up -

Another front shot of the pack after all the pillows and stuff were removed -

This pack is covered in molle webbing, inside and out. Here's a shot of the main entry flap opened -

The inside of the pack has a " shelf " That you can use to divide the main compartment into two separate compartments -

This is a bit a mesh that you can use to secure items or a radio against the back wall of the pack -

Inside bottom -

Okay, the pack has the ability to carry up to 10 liters of water...! I'll never do it... Not that much.

The side pockets on the outside of the pack can hold a 3 liter bladder each, then there are tunnel pockets in between those side pockets and the pack itself that will hold 2 liter bladders. Basically, you can configure and custom tailor for how ever it will work best for you.

A view of the opening of the side pockets and the clip for the water bladder -

This is a view of the top of the tunnel pockets... There is a D ring and a clip to secure whatever you want to put in there -

The tunnel pockets go all the way through, so it doesn't matter how long the item is - I use mine for a 25" Ax, but I'm using the 870 for the pic just to show what the pack is capable of -

Shoulder straps, suspension, and waist belt -

Access to the two aluminum support stays -

View inside the top pocket -

Port holes for radio antennae, or in my case - Ipod earbuds :mrgreen:

Side view -

Another side mounted pocket, one on each side -

I don't use the outside, side pockets for water bladders because you can fit a lot of gear in them. This First aid kit, survival kit and shemagh fits in just one side...! -

This Eberlestock 2 liter accessory pouch was a freebie from Ceylon... I keep a 9" bastard file, a lansky puck dual grit sharpening stone, a smiths pocket sharpener and a pretty extensive firearm and knife cleaning/care kit in it. Crazy it fits so much. I keep all of that stuff in that pouch and out of the main pack, if anything was for whatever reason to get damaged or punctured,it won't be running out all over the inside of my pack and clothes and food ;) -

Everything goes into stuff sacks or freezer bags before going into the pack. Eberlestock says the pack is extremely water resistant, and it comes with an included rain cover, but I still want to be EXTRA sure none of my gear gets wet.

Along with the pack and free 2 liter pouch, I bought 4 extra accessory straps for strapping gear to the outside and inside of the pack. They are in Eberlestocks Dry Earth color, and i love the contrast between that and the MG. But this pack gives me so many options for stowing gear, I haven't had to use them yet, lol...

Thanks for looking!

For more info contact Ceylon Blackwell at - http://www.deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/index.php

Eberlestock's website - http://www.eberlestock.com/
Last edited by Netto on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Eberlestock Halftrack (Pic Heavy )

Post by Ian » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Nice write up, would like a fitted picture of it full. Maybe a group photo of everything that you plan on putting in it so we can see the actual capacity.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 pm

The color of the pack almost changes from pic to pic... I'm telling you, you have to see it in the flesh so to speak to really appreciate it.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Ian wrote:Nice write up, would like a fitted picture of it full. Maybe a group photo of everything that you plan on putting in it so we can see the actual capacity.
I'm still working on the load out... I'll load it up, then change it around... Then repeat...

And some of the stuff that I have planned for this pack, I don't have yet.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Basically, what I like to do with any pack... Is keep all the non food, clothes items out of the main compartment.

Main compartment - Food stuffs, clothes, and toiletries I need, maybe a book to read, etc.

I like to use the outside pockets for any firearm related gear, ammo, spare mags, survival stuff, wallet, keys, prescription glasses... Basically all of the, what I would consider to be the most important items, so that I can get to them fast without having to dig for stuff or open the main compartment.
Last edited by Netto on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:38 pm

I'll always keep a compass attached to one side of the shoulder harness, and a whistle on the other. Like I said... It's still a work in progress.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Just crappy inside lighting, but it looks Coyote in this pic -

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:41 pm

can you see if a bolt action with a scope would fit where shotgun went?
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:49 pm

RecoilSensitive wrote:can you see if a bolt action with a scope would fit where shotgun went?
No sir, because I do not have a bolt action with a scope... Lol

I think it would depend on the size of rifle and scope combo... If we're talking a .22 something, I'd damn near guarantee it would, lol. Probably not a barrett .50 though...

:mrgreen:

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:53 pm

would be a stevens 200 .223 with a low profile scope
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:05 pm

It would be close...

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:53 pm

I like it. I would post my "load out" for it but that changes. I used it at gunnery as a daily bag to carry my gear in to and from the track and it worked great. It isn't wide and I like that feature as I will be using it to carry a radio and water for different missions, if needed.

I will be using it to come back to the states at the end of this month. I am only taking this bag, so it will be LOADED up with clothes. I don't want to lose any luggage.

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Thanks for the write up Netto.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 pm

I like it. I would post my "load out" for it but that changes. I used it at gunnery as a daily bag to carry my gear in to and from the track and it worked great. It isn't wide and I like that feature as I will be using it to carry a radio and water for different missions, if needed.

I will be using it to come back to the states at the end of this month. I am only taking this bag, so it will be LOADED up with clothes. I don't want to lose any luggage.

Thanks Dave... I know you have the Hi Speed model as well... Which I also want eventually.

I want to use the Hispeed as a bug out or get home bag... I want it in Dry Earth. I'm hooked.. lol

This Halftrack is gonna be my dedicated outdoor, hunting, camping hiking, backpacking pack. Well, along with my Kelty.

I'm a pack whore through and through. I went and sold or gave away damn near everything I had and I've got the bug again and I am ate up with it.

The problem with a company like Eberlestock, is I like everything they make. It's just like... Really?

Why must they torture me...? I'm happy to have gotten the Halftrack out of the way because that was the one that I was interested in originally.

We'll definitely have to get together for some beers when you get back from Korea... I'd like to see how you are loading it.
Last edited by Netto on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Livewire wrote:Thanks for the write up Netto.
Thanks Live... I usually don't post outside of the members only area, but I thought I'd spread the word on a great piece of gear. :mrgreen:

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 pm

+1 for seeing fully loaded pics.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:17 pm

I may do that once I get everything... There's still some stuff I am short on.

mtmetzger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by mtmetzger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Great review! I'm sold! :)

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Make sure to send Ceylon an email or give him a call... He's a cool guy!

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm

mtmetzger wrote:Great review! I'm sold! :)
if you are LE or Mil let me know and ill give you a different site

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Netto » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Ian wrote:Nice write up, would like a fitted picture of it full. Maybe a group photo of everything that you plan on putting in it so we can see the actual capacity.
I'm going to the Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama in October... I'm taking this pack.

When I get it loaded up completely, with my tent and everything, I'll take pics and show the load out, and how everything goes in. Sorry I haven't done it yet.

I'm still waiting on some gear.

Return to “Tactical Gear”