Chest Rigs

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
Bama
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Chest Rigs

Post by Bama » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Don't know much about them, no military background. Would like one for when SHTF, and to do some RWI training this year hopefully. Whats good for a decent price? I am interested in the Eagle M4 6mag chest rig.
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Chest Rigs

Post by shelbygoat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 pm

the current issued load carrier and attachments can be had for a reasonable amount

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

details, links. I have no idea on this stuff other than what I try and learn online. I would like in Ranger green or OD, which I think would work in my environment to "blend in"
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 pm

That looks like a canidate 325, but out of stock
Kingdom Concealment

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

I like to reload from the belt, A war belt is great but its a lot to have all the time and in all situations.

Because I CCDW I like a quick grab and go kit that I can strap on my belt like the costa leg rig
I can keep it snapped to my sling and store it with the rifle real easy, it has 2 rifle mags 3 pistol mags or you can throw a flashlight in one of the pistol mag pouches and have a quick bump in the night kit. So with my CCDW I am pretty much set up to do any sort of training and respond to something a civilian like me may face.

Then I have my end of the world kit that has a war belt and plate carrier/chest rig. I can still throw the leg rig on that belt and have my primary reloads in the same location.

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Buccman37 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:01 pm

i always put my gear directly on my IOTV during my two deployments since that load barrier just loved to snag on everything in a vec. I see them all the time at surplus stores around ft knox and anything in acu color is cheap......multicam however is a different story.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:04 pm

That PIG UCR is sounding better and better with the more I read reviews about it. Finding one in ranger green or multi-cam is a different story.
Kingdom Concealment

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:12 pm

I have a Bravo Company one. I have never even used it other than just trying it on, but it seems really nice. Lots of good reviews as well.. I keep it loaded up with 4 PMAGS loaded with m855 so it's at the ready if I need it.
:llama:

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 am

Buccman37 wrote:i always put my gear directly on my IOTV during my two deployments since that load barrier just loved to snag on everything in a vec. I see them all the time at surplus stores around ft knox and anything in acu color is cheap......multicam however is a different story.

man, I was 'multicam' before it was cool! I have woodland, ACU digital, chocolate chip, OD green, black, coyote and have now added ATACS. :llama:
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Gaffshot
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gaffshot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 am

TAG plate carrier, TAG Banshee, Condor Operator.
Just a few low dollar options. Many to pick from out there.

silverbakdevil

Post by silverbakdevil » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:50 am

Don't know what your budget is but the HSGI Warlord is good shit they have a couple of different versions but its a little pricey bombproof though

Last edited by silverbakdevil on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

outmotherf****in the man since 1971

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

Gaffshot wrote:TAG plate carrier, TAG Banshee, Condor Operator.
Just a few low dollar options. Many to pick from out there.
One of these is not at all like the others.

PERSONALLY, I'd recommend at least Crye CAGE Plate Carrier, and anything less expensive than that you're really risking your life on... If you're serious about this, you'll get the Crye CAGE Armor Chassis and an AirFrame helmet though.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-CPCD0102 ... -%28cpc%29
http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-ARMC4902 ... s%E2%84%A2
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 am

All jokes aside, there are a number of good recommendations in this thread. PIG gear from SKD is good shit, and their Systema stuff is in stock... but it comes in pieces. It's a weird way to sell a product, but it's good gear and very versatile (can convert to a plate carrier very quickly).

SoL brings up belt rigs, which are an excellent option if you don't fuck it up... but that can be said for a lot of things. 325 and I have talked quite a bit about the versatility of belt set ups, and they can work very very well. You can run a war belt or regular belt, with or without sub-loads (drop leg platforms). Beware of MOST drop leg platforms. It can be done correctly, but is more often fucked up than done right.

The BCM rig Mike recommended is good stuff too, and is BASICALLY what I run except I pieced mine together from Tactical Tailor instead of buying it premade by whoever makes it for BCM (maybe Blue Force Gear?).

TAG and HSGI are fine, with HSGI getting the nod from me before TAG.

Gotta run now, I'll get back into it in a few hours.

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:23 pm

had a condor it was ok. but it didn;t love having plates in it.

now i am running tactical tailor and it has worked real well. goes on easy no massive velcro to deal with. comes apart easy to clean once it starts to smell like a foot.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:comes apart easy to clean once it starts to smell like fucking awesomeness.
I don't know why you would do something like 'clean' finely aged gear. 8-)

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Chest Rigs

Post by ssracer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Hoping to get this banshee together soon...need plates now

Bama

Post by Bama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Looks like I have a lot more research to do. Not sure what my budget is, still looking at options. The PIG UCR is top runner so far.
Kingdom Concealment

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Whootsinator wrote:
Robert Paulson wrote:comes apart easy to clean once it starts to smell like fucking awesomeness.
I don't know why you would do something like 'clean' finely aged gear. 8-)
your leader is going to change your mind on that subject once you get in the Army

LCPL_NBREW

Post by LCPL_NBREW » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Tthe chest rig that I uses every day is this one
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/ ... AG0078.jpg
it is issued but you can find them on line plus it can be attached straight to your plat carrier I love this chest rig has room for 6 mags 2 radios and the whole from of it is molle on mine I have 7 40mm pouches a admin pouch and a smoke/GPS pouch on the front of it ill post a pic of mine tomorrow
FOR OUR SINS

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm

LCPL_NBREW wrote:Tthe chest rig that I uses every day is this one
it is issued but you can find them on line plus it can be attached straight to your plat carrier I love this chest rig has room for 6 mags 2 radios and the whole from of it is molle on mine I have 7 40mm pouches a admin pouch and a smoke/GPS pouch on the front of it ill post a pic of mine tomorrow
my brand new soldiers have that also...the army is always the second to get the good gear

Bama

Post by Bama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Looks a lot like the Condor Rapid Assault chest rig.
Kingdom Concealment

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

shelbygoat wrote:
my brand new soldiers have that also...the army is always the second to get the good gear

Seriously? You know the pecking order for new stuff: USAF, USA, USN, USCG, USAR, USANG, USMC. The Corps just doesn't have that silly, faded blue camo pattern.
Height Supremacist

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 am

Tyler wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

Seriously? You know the pecking order for new stuff: USAF, USA, USN, USCG, USAR, USANG, USMC. The Corps just doesn't have that silly, faded blue camo pattern.
This

Over in the kitty litter, Marines were always coming up and pointing at random bits of my weapon and asking what it was. Only recently has the USMC been getting better stuff than Naval hand-me-downs.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Chest Rigs

Post by ssracer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 am

Whatever you get, run it in an RWI class. You will quickly determine what you like and what you don't and what works and what doesn't. I have changed my gear up several times based solely on what I discovered when actually trying I use it in their classes.

Return to “Tactical Gear”