Plates from thetargetman.com

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
Bama
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Plates from thetargetman.com

Post by Bama » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Anyone ever ordered the Spartan Armor plates from http://www.thetargetman.com? Looking at the triple curve coated for $119 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

samb.

Re: Plates from thetargetman.com

Post by samb. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:41 pm

I have a set of the small triple curves. I wish I had measured my chest before ordering because they are TINY. Running them in a BCS plate carrier. Thing is stupid small, like to the point there is not enough protection. I am an average sized 5'8" guy weighing about 165lbs. Plates do not go nipple to nipple and not much below my ribs.

Also look on their FB they have deals and coupon codes for free trauma pads when you order.

EDIT: As a company they did very well, shipping was a bit faster than what they said it would be. I would order from them again if I were gonna buy another set, just maybe measure this time.

Bama

Post by Bama » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:52 pm

They size they offer is 10x12 for what I'm looking at, which is what my PC uses.

Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Sorry, can't answer you question, but Check out AR500armor.com too. Their prices are good, but give them a call and say that James Yeager said they would give you a deal
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:38 am

I have ordered targets and
uncoated armor plates from targetman. They were all GTG.

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:09 am

I have a 10x12 ar500 curved plate in my grey ghost PC. Wish I would of got the extra build up cause there a lot of room for the plate to flop around in the carrier. Also took 2 months for ar500 to ship.

Sent from somewhere over yonder.
SI JE PUIS

Bama

Post by Bama » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 am

gaston_kalash wrote:I have a 10x12 ar500 curved plate in my grey ghost PC. Wish I would of got the extra build up cause there a lot of room for the plate to flop around in the carrier. Also took 2 months for ar500 to ship.

2 months from ar500armor.com?

Kingdom Concealment

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:45 am

Bama wrote:
gaston_kalash wrote:I have a 10x12 ar500 curved plate in my grey ghost PC. Wish I would of got the extra build up cause there a lot of room for the plate to flop around in the carrier. Also took 2 months for ar500 to ship.

yeah even if says it's in stock you still has to wait the full lead time. I found voodoo tactical sells tree plates not sure if you have to wait there.

SI JE PUIS

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Ordered a plate from these guys yesterday.
http://m.bonanza.com/listings/Pair-Leve ... /279691214
You can get 2 for the price of 1 plate at ar500.com. I ordered 1 for like $60 shipped. Never heard of them but they claim to be NIJ certified.

SI JE PUIS

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:27 pm

gaston_kalash wrote:
Bama wrote:

yeah even if says it's in stock you still has to wait the full lead time. I found voodoo tactical sells tree plates not sure if you have to wait there.

Dang auto type. Lol didn't read my post till now.

SI JE PUIS

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Need some final advice. Since thetargetman is have a 15% BF sale, I figure its a decent time to pick up some plates. I understand different levels offer different protection, however I have to stay within a budget and with the realization and hope I may never need these. I also may only get 1 or 2 training courses (if that) a year. Here is what I am looking at:

http://www.thetargetman.com/product/2-m ... size=10x12(MD/LG-StandardSize" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)&attribute_add-curved-side-plates=NoSidePlates&attribute_add-condor-plate-carrier=NoPlateCarrier

http://www.thetargetman.com/product/tra ... TraumaPads

For those more knowledgeable, am I on the right track and is this a great buy?
Kingdom Concealment

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:48 am

Bama wrote:Need some final advice. Since thetargetman is have a 15% BF sale, I figure its a decent time to pick up some plates. I understand different levels offer different protection, however I have to stay within a budget and with the realization and hope I may never need these. I also may only get 1 or 2 training courses (if that) a year. Here is what I am looking at:

http://www.thetargetman.com/product/2-m ... size=10x12(MD/LG-StandardSize" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)&attribute_add-curved-side-plates=NoSidePlates&attribute_add-condor-plate-carrier=NoPlateCarrier

http://www.thetargetman.com/product/tra ... TraumaPads

For those more knowledgeable, am I on the right track and is this a great buy?
That'll work just fine, are the better, lighter, more effective options our there, most definitely. However, they cost a about double or triple the budget your trying to adhere to.

In the end, some armor is better than no armor when push, come to shove and you find yourself on a 2 way firing range. So I think what you have list above will work for your individual needs.

The price for all of the above, is not to bad for what your are getting.

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks DD. There is a 15% off sale which will help.

Kingdom Concealment

Return to “Tactical Gear”