-CHEAP- Crye All Weather Field Pants

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: -CHEAP- Crye All Weather Field Pants

Post by Frailer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:37 pm

I am indeed just having fun.

No way in hell I'm buying a pair of pants like these, regardless of cost. But how someone else chooses to dress or spend their money is absolutely none of my business.

I'm sure most folks here (if not *everyone* here) would laugh at me paying >$100/pair for Birkenstock sandals, and I'm also certain I look at least as goofy wearing those as a "fluffy" guy wearing these does.

To each his own.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:06 pm

You're in good company. I'd wear my Birks WITH these pants!
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Whootsinator wrote:I get most of you are making jokes or don't agree with spending $80 on pants, and that's cool. I'd still like to reiterate the fact that these aren't simple 50/50 NYCO BDU/ACU style uniform pants. They're very high quality, high performance, Berry compliant, technical pants made from expensive 4-way stretch softshell material and then DWR treated, produced by a small US company that makes some of the best 'tactical' gear on the planet. Moreover, the MSRP price is not much higher than high end civilian sportswear softshell pants made in Taiwan/China/Malaysia/Philippines, etc.

At $80 they are a steal for what they are. Whether you can make proper use of them, and thereby warrant their cost, is up to you. If they had my size I'd probably pick up two or thre pairs and use the hell out of all of them.
This is America and you can buy whatever you want. I don't know what "high performance" pants are but the sales pitch worked clearly. It isn't my money either but making fun of things on a site full of guys who wouldn't pay $100 for shoes but would pay $300 for pants is my right. Hell I could sell every pair of Jordans I have right now and get 70% of the value back from collectors just as a side note but I know that nobody is buying used "tactical pants" at all. PS if they had a jump man on them, they'd be fresh! JK

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:15 pm

People are buying used "tactical pants", though. I think a lot of you are getting wrapped up in the fact that they're 'tactical'. I don't give a damn that they were developed for combat. They aren't going to make you a high speed operator, they're just really fucking good pants. If they're cheaper because they were surplus and happen to be camo, I guess I'd wear the cheap camo. I'd use them on cold and wet range days, sure, but they'd see a whole lot more use hiking, backpacking, and use in the snow. Once Scorpion is actually in use by the military I'd use them in the field while playing Army, too.

I could actually describe what makes them high performance (I didn't use it as a buzzword, and it wasn't in any advertisement), but those of you who have decided against it aren't going to be swayed.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Whootsinator wrote:People are buying used "tactical pants", though. I think a lot of you are getting wrapped up in the fact that they're 'tactical'. I don't give a damn that they were developed for combat. They aren't going to make you a high speed operator, they're just really fucking good pants. If they're cheaper because they were surplus and happen to be camo, I guess I'd wear the cheap camo. I'd use them on cold and wet range days, sure, but they'd see a whole lot more use hiking, backpacking, and use in the snow. Once Scorpion is actually in use by the military I'd use them in the field while playing Army, too.

I could actually describe what makes them high performance (I didn't use it as a buzzword, and it wasn't in any advertisement), but those of you who have decided against it aren't going to be swayed.
Cheer up man give shit back. Everything isn't so serious. But serious question what are you doing in your pants that are destroying them? I buy American Eagle jeans for instance and I think they will last as long as my waste is that size.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:56 pm

Actually thinking about ordering a pair for hiking.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 pm

ssracer wrote:Actually thinking about ordering a pair for hiking.
Didn't see that coming lol

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:Actually thinking about ordering a pair for hiking.
Didn't see that coming lol
Can't hike in $40 pants?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Sure you can. You could also drive a 1990 civic or play basketball in $15 shoes from Walmart. Whoots is right about good outdoor gear not being cheap..."tactical" or otherwise.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:51 pm

You can go four wheeling in a Porsche Cayenne, too.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:53 pm

For my fellow tightwads, I just bought 5 pairs of Cabelas pants, various hiking/cargo pants for 100 bucks shipped.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Whootsinator wrote:I get most of you are making jokes or don't agree with spending $80 on pants, and that's cool. I'd still like to reiterate the fact that these aren't simple 50/50 NYCO BDU/ACU style uniform pants. They're very high quality, high performance, Berry compliant, technical pants made from expensive 4-way stretch softshell material and then DWR treated, produced by a small US company that makes some of the best 'tactical' gear on the planet. Moreover, the MSRP price is not much higher than high end civilian sportswear softshell pants made in Taiwan/China/Malaysia/Philippines, etc.

At $80 they are a steal for what they are. Whether you can make proper use of them, and thereby warrant their cost, is up to you. If they had my size I'd probably pick up two or thre pairs and use the hell out of all of them.
This is America and you can buy whatever you want. I don't know what "high performance" pants are but the sales pitch worked clearly. It isn't my money either but making fun of things on a site full of guys who wouldn't pay $100 for shoes but would pay $300 for pants is my right. Hell I could sell every pair of Jordans I have right now and get 70% of the value back from collectors just as a side note but I know that nobody is buying used "tactical pants" at all. PS if they had a jump man on them, they'd be fresh! JK
This discussion is funny, I do happen to own a pair of Crye pants already. They are the most comfortable (to me anyway) military tactical/combat/utility pants I have ever had. I used to have ten pairs of BDU's back in the day and would gladly have ten pairs of Crye pants if I was still in the military. They just feel good to me, they aren't the typical roughness of the regular blend of fabric in my opinion. And people do buy tactical pants all the time Jack, its called army surplus. I have seen used Crye gear go for good money, especially things like clothes and plate carriers.

You equated the shoes collection to collecting guns. I've collected a lot of things over the years and none of them have depreciated from what I paid for them...except cars ....but I don't collect cars, just drive them til I can't anymore. All my collections of junk have appreciated, especially guns. I wouldn't settle for 70% on anything I have collected.

Back to pants, I have found few pairs of Jeans that hold up for more than a year or two with my fatness rolling around in them. Either the belt loops break, or they get a rip in them, or bust out the butt (ala the duct tape episode) or the corners of the back pockets rip out. I have also never been really happy with the fit of some those that I have bought for years. I havent' tried american eagle but I bought some Hudson jeans recently-- http://www.hudsonjeans.com/men-straight-leg/l/1017 --and tried on some other higher end pairs. They are great dress jeans to me, and they do feel a lot better (cost about what Crye pants do). So quality does matter and sometimes costs more. I choose to spend my money on what I want and do I need some of the high dollar things I have, no-- but I make the money and choose what to buy.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Mine arrived today....and yes, they are Crye. Thanks for the heads-up Whoots.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Awesome

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:43 pm

:D

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Just ordered a pair...

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:58 pm

I was skeptical.

No comparison to 5.11, Propper, Vertex gear I own and not even in the same solar system as the $29 LA Police Gear pants.

#tacticalpajamas
#bringinsexyback

Wore them around the house for a bit. Wife said "What are those pants?" I says 'Crye Precision G3 All Weather'.

-panty's drop- she says "Guess I won't be needing these."
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Lmao

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:25 pm

My skinny size isn't available. Booooooooo
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:34 pm

It finally pays to have a few extra pounds...lol

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:I was skeptical.

No comparison to 5.11, Propper, Vertex gear I own and not even in the same solar system as the $29 LA Police Gear pants.

#tacticalpajamas
#bringinsexyback

Wore them around the house for a bit. Wife said "What are those pants?" I says 'Crye Precision G3 All Weather'.

-panty's drop- she says "Guess I won't be needing these."
LOL

Think I'll sleep in mine....they are that comfortable.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

This discussion is funny, I do happen to own a pair of Crye pants already. They are the most comfortable (to me anyway) military tactical/combat/utility pants I have ever had. I used to have ten pairs of BDU's back in the day and would gladly have ten pairs of Crye pants if I was still in the military. They just feel good to me, they aren't the typical roughness of the regular blend of fabric in my opinion. And people do buy tactical pants all the time Jack, its called army surplus. I have seen used Crye gear go for good money, especially things like clothes and plate carriers.

You equated the shoes collection to collecting guns. I've collected a lot of things over the years and none of them have depreciated from what I paid for them...except cars ....but I don't collect cars, just drive them til I can't anymore. All my collections of junk have appreciated, especially guns. I wouldn't settle for 70% on anything I have collected.

Back to pants, I have found few pairs of Jeans that hold up for more than a year or two with my fatness rolling around in them. Either the belt loops break, or they get a rip in them, or bust out the butt (ala the duct tape episode) or the corners of the back pockets rip out. I have also never been really happy with the fit of some those that I have bought for years. I havent' tried american eagle but I bought some Hudson jeans recently-- http://www.hudsonjeans.com/men-straight-leg/l/1017 --and tried on some other higher end pairs. They are great dress jeans to me, and they do feel a lot better (cost about what Crye pants do). So quality does matter and sometimes costs more. I choose to spend my money on what I want and do I need some of the high dollar things I have, no-- but I make the money and choose what to buy.
People buy surplus gear because it is cheap, not because it is high end. Very big difference. I don't feel like repeating myself about you can buy what you want but people that are hypocritical will be called out everytime (not pointing names out) just saying a stance of the same logic on another item should be your logic on any item.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Got mine today...hell of a deal. Pants seem pretty awesome...once they warm up I'll try them on..lol

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:17 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424369825.594981.jpg

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Naw, try 'em now, that way you can measure the shrinkage!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Return to “Tactical Gear”