Surefire g2x

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Surefire g2x

Post by justang1997 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:28 am

I got a surefire from walmart of all places shortly after they started carrying them. It's the non tactical meaning it's low mode first and the high. I really wanted the 6px defender model they had there but couldn't swing the extra $20 for it at the time. I'm glad I didn't. I really always prefere high mode first but this light has changed my mind. The low mode is plenty bright and the new surefire flashlights are so bright on high it's actually a pita if you are just searching under your car seat or something.
Perhaps the best thing about it was noticed last night. When the batteries are low, it pops down to low mode if you are on high. I'm used to surefire lights just completely going dead so that's a nice change. I decided to run down the batteries totally after I noticed my light no longer going to high mode just to see how long the would last on low from that point. After an hour constantly on low I just gave up and changed them.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Surefire g2x

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 pm

I hate that flashlights these days just go dead with no warning.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Surefire g2x

Post by mtchbrian » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:56 am

I need three LED lamps for my lights. 6p, g2 black, and g2 tan. standard lamp drains battery way too fast.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Return to “Tactical Gear”