Shooting gloves

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Shooting gloves

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I use Damascus MX20 right now, may look into the MX30's.

The main purpose of the thread was SHOOTING GLOVES, not working on the dock Jackalo :o
Hey stoop, the thread has offered mechanix gloves as a shooting glove and I am giving the heads up that with minor use not much more abrasive than shooting/range use they tore up fast and I don't recommend the hype just as Jakob's opinion agrees.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Sun May 19, 2013 12:59 pm

I wear a set of Carhartt gloves, thumb index and f u finger all are cut off from factory. Will get pics later
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Sun May 19, 2013 1:10 pm

someone send me in the correct direction.. what is the purpose of shooting gloves/

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:22 pm

etownguy wrote:someone send me in the correct direction.. what is the purpose of shooting gloves/
Same purpose as gloves for motorcycles, cars, football, weight lifting, etc. Some people prefer them even though you don't have to have them it is personal preference. I bought a set to use for colder weather because I don't like gloves any other time and normally don't use even when cold (just shoot less or hurry up).

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Jakob » Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 pm

etownguy wrote:someone send me in the correct direction.. what is the purpose of shooting gloves/
I don't like using them; I like to retain the dexterity of my fingers. I guess some people are just tender handed or need to "high speed"? I don't understand why they are needed either.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm

I chop wood, dig holes, use chainsaws and recently moved 120 33lb pavers around twice without gloves and never get blisters guess I have tough hands.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Gloves make doing shit soooooo much easier usually. I love the Damascus ones. I was putting down flooring tonite for the wife unit and used them to keep from getting stabbed by the old flooring and from the wood chips.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by justang1997 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Ill tell you a few reasons why I like shooting gloves. A dude whose opinion I respect once said, "your hands are tools. Take care of them. And change your socks too.". Of course I'm shortening that up a bit.

Also because while I know kentucky isn't iraq, when a gun is sitting in the sun it can become blisteringly hot. Like for real grab a .50 that's been sitting in a turret in the sun and you are scalded. But also AR rifles are black and get hot easy.

Another time I wished I had gloves was when I spent a day shooting when I was still in the army and my rifle kept stove piping. Now you can tap rack bang but that kept leading to double feeds because when it stove piped it sent a round into the chamber half way. Its quicker to grab the brass and yank it out. The brass is hot as fuck and can also be sharp.

But I don't wear them when I'm just plinking at the range.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:42 am

i use a set of Wiley X gloves with the hard knuckles. they are comfy and durable. i also use the mechanix quick fit gloves.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Return to “Tactical Gear”