Electronic hearing protection

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Electronic hearing protection

Post by mtchbrian » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:42 am

Who's running what? Trying to buy a pair before I deploy.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Electronic hearing protection

Post by ssracer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Kim and I are both using Howard Leight Impact Sports with NoiseFighter cushions. I’ve been running the HLs for years and my only complaint with them was the cushion was too thin. The noisefighter cushions are awesome, I got in on them as a kickstarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rescue9
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Just bought a pair of Walker's Razor Patriot Electronic Earmuffs for a long range class. They worked great, ene with someone shooting a .50 Barrett

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:02 pm

HL Impact Sports for me also. Nothing but good luck out of them. I've had 2 or 3 other brands that all crapped out super fast.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Niceguy wrote:HL Impact Sports for me also. Nothing but good luck out of them. I've had 2 or 3 other brands that all crapped out super fast.
mine got left out in the rain on the window sill and still work fine..lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:14 pm

HL impact sports is what I use.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:15 pm

ssracer wrote:
Niceguy wrote:HL Impact Sports for me also. Nothing but good luck out of them. I've had 2 or 3 other brands that all crapped out super fast.
mine got left out in the rain on the window sill and still work fine..lol

Mine did too at the Coleman's, along with a Benelli Nova that looked like it spent a winter spreading salt in one night. Rusted like a mofo!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Well look what just popped up

What’s The Best Electronic Hearing Protection?
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... rotection/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jollyrodgers
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by jollyrodgers » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:55 pm

hl impact for me also

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Something to be aware of is that some of the cheaper ones cut off all sound during a gun shot and then fade back in, this can get real annoying real fast. Ones like the HL filter out the gun shot, don't cut out like the cheaper ones.

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by plumber_bob » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 am

I use and approve of the HL muffs too.
Those things are everywhere. I had to put my online initials on mine to keep from getting someone elses sweat all over me.

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:15 am

They can be ordered in different colors, got my daughter some pink ones.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 am

WLJ wrote:They can be ordered in different colors, got my daughter some pink ones.
Yup...Kim has teal ones. She loves them. Makes range days a lot easier since she can hear me now..lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 am

ssracer wrote:
WLJ wrote:They can be ordered in different colors, got my daughter some pink ones.
Yup...Kim has teal ones. She loves them. Makes range days a lot easier since she can hear me now..lol

Some are amazed at how much more you can hear with them on if you crank the volume up. I've heard some hunters wear them not only for the protection but also because they can hear game moving through the brush with them on.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am

WLJ wrote:
ssracer wrote:

Some are amazed at how much more you can hear with them on if you crank the volume up. I've heard some hunters wear them not only for the protection but also because they can hear game moving through the brush with them on.
I’ve been to meets at Lincoln trail and cranked them up and been able to hear conversations across the range and the water in the creek..

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am

WLJ wrote:
ssracer wrote:

I have heard the same......when i get some ill give it shot. But i dont wear hearing pro during hunting. Its only one shot and usually i have a beanie on that helps a bit.

Return to “Tactical Gear”