I'm liking my 22/45...

P22s, mk I, II, III, gsg 1911s, any rim fire pistol.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 336 times
Been liked: 92 times

I'm liking my 22/45...

Post by Niceguy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

I picked up a 6" target model 22/45 from Pitbullcrazyinky not this past weekend but a week and a half ago and I'm really liking it! I've put 2 boxes of Blazer through it. 1049 rounds (one disappeared in the grass) and not a single misfire, jam, failure to eject, nothing... Feels good and I feel pretty accurate with it. Still not sure if I would trade my slab side Browning Callenger but I've put probably WAAAAY up in the tens of thousands of rounds through it in the last 30 years though. Not really putting a range report out there, more just thinking out loud so to speak... Definitely happy with my newest rimfire purchase!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

I'm liking my 22/45...

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Love mine and just upgraded to 1911 grips so it will be more accurate for me since I can hold it.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: I'm liking my 22/45...

Post by Wyldman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Been loving mine for near 25 years. I've been a huge MK II (all models) fan for a very long time. Some of you have seen some of my MK II's. My 10" stainless is like shooting a laser, I love that pistol.

The threaded ones make for fantastic suppressor hosts, ask Mrs. Wyldman. The one Crankster & I built for her for our anniversary a couple of years ago can't be pried out of her hands (with my Stratus can on it, too, dammit!). She won't even let me clean it for her.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:32 pm

I like shooting the old Ruger MkI I have for sale on here but hate loading and mag changes. This shoots similar but like the mag set up WAY better! My Browning has a heal release mag but is designed much better than the Ruger... I'm not sure but it looks like the grips are removable on this 22/45. It looks like Allen screw hold them on. I'll have to check when I get home.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm

If you dislike loading mags for the Browning or MK listols, get an Ulimate Clip Loader (what they call it, not my choice).

Using mine, I can load 20 MK II mags in about 2 minutes. Mrs. Wyldman loves it, as it eases loading for her arthiritic hands immensely. I highly recommend it, and as rule detest mag loaders with a passion. The UCL & MagLula are the only ones I've ever found to be worth the time & money to have.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Switching mags is a pain aswell. You have to push the release and pull the mag out. With my Browning with the heal release the mags pop right out. I could probably load hundreds of my Browning mags and not feel like I've loaded any. The Mk mags make my thumb feel like I smacked it with a hammer after about 5-10. The 22/45 mags are somewhere in between. I can deal with them even though they are still much worse than the Browning. Kind of sucks I hate the mag swaps and loading as much as I do because I love shooting the Mk and it's the only thing holding back from loving the Mk and making me sale it. If I could just shoot 1 or 2 mags and put it away I would probably keep it but I shoot 500+ rounds every week or two and between the loading and the annoying mag swaps I just don't enjoy putting that many rounds through it.

Return to “Rimfire Handguns”