Rimfire rifles. 10/22 home.
son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Savage Rascal

Post by son of liberty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Picked one of these up for a Cristmas gift for my son but while he was at school I had to test it out ....... To make sure it was safe and all. The rifle is set up pretty darn well, peep sights, single shot, GREAT trigger with a classic safety. Unlike other youth 22lr trainers it cocks on the bolt open so no dumb pull cock stuff. The rifle comes with a cheap plastic stock, I got it in hunter orange but more because orange is his favorite color. It has sling swivles so a sling can be used, great for teaching sling use in the appleseed style. The stock is scaled for a youth and you can really tell, its Tiny but perfect for its use. I must say it is very accurate and the peep sights work pretty well I shot a 25 yard group 3 rounds clover leafed and the other 2 were very close, it beat a stock 10/22 but that could be the awsome trigger. I might get one for myself for squirl hunting, all of this for 170.00

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Savage Rascal

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Cool. I have a Cricket ready to go under the tree, but I think I like that better.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Nice. I'll have to keep this in mind...probably getting my boy a rifle next year some time

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:Cool. I have a Cricket ready to go under the tree, but I think I like that better.
I looked at the cricket but the rascal had better sights , a feed ramp that allows them to just drop a round in the action, and the famous accutrigger with the traditional bolt action safety. He is 6 and has expressed the desire to learn how to shoot, he can all ready tell you the 4 safety rules verbatum and can be trusted around firearms. I figured something besides video games to get him hanging with the guys is needed right about now, so while not on his list.... who would be not want a gun...right.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

This is something to consider, I still got a couple of years... But this does look more promising than the cricket

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Savage Rascal

Post by 86 slo-vo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm

I've looked at these a few times for my daughter, though I don't think she is quite ready yet. She's 4. Her attention span when explaining something important just is long enough yet.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 pm

son of liberty wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:Cool. I have a Cricket ready to go under the tree, but I think I like that better.
I looked at the cricket but the rascal had better sights , a feed ramp that allows them to just drop a round in the action, and the famous accutrigger with the traditional bolt action safety. He is 6 and has expressed the desire to learn how to shoot, he can all ready tell you the 4 safety rules verbatum and can be trusted around firearms. I figured something besides video games to get him hanging with the guys is needed right about now, so while not on his list.... who would be not want a gun...right.

right.

had i seen that i would have picked it over the cricket.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Savage Rascal

Post by Niceguy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm

I love seeing new young shooters! I got a Stevens model 26 Crackshot for my 4th birthday and until I got got my license I was ate up with shooting. My dad, uncle, grandfather and grandmother taught me safety and respect for firearms. My dad died when I was 12 years old and I would say 50% or more of my memories of us involved guns. I still have the gun...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352772237.998356.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352772237.998356.jpg (65.75 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

ThatKyGuy

Post by ThatKyGuy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:53 am

86 slo-vo wrote:I've looked at these a few times for my daughter, though I don't think she is quite ready yet. She's 4. Her attention span when explaining something important just is long enough yet.

I have been looking because my girl is 4 also and I figure in a year or 2 I can find a good deal on something like this.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am

I will enjoy seeing him open it and understand what it means that I gave him a gun, but honestly I wish I had got it when he was 4 or 5 that way any time he expressed interest I could have tried to cultivate that interest with something he could actually shoot. As it now he draws little targets and says , dad I want to shoot this. Everyone hopes they can teach there kid to be a little sure shot and teach them the right way from the get go, but anymore I would just be happy if he put the video games down for an hour or two.

Return to “Rimfire Rifles”