Rimfire rifles. 10/22 home.
KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Easy affordable 10/22 upgrades

Post by KYgundude » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:49 am

Not looking to sporterize. I prefer she stays in the wood furniture. I've added the Volquartzen Automatic Bolt Release, Extended Mag Release, and the BX trigger assembly is on order.

Any other cheap functionality/accuracy upgrades I can make?

EDIT: use purpose for this gun. Shooting small animals, concentric circles, zombie DPRK dictators, and any other small game that appears printed on paper. By easy I mean a fairly simple installation done by someone who is not a gunsmith and the pinnacle of smithing tools owned are punches and a torque driver.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Easy affordable 10/22 upgrades

Post by Dustin » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 pm

KYgundude wrote:Not looking to sporterize. I prefer she stays in the wood furniture. I've added the Volquartzen Automatic Bolt Release, Extended Mag Release, and the BX trigger assembly is on order.

EDIT: use purpose for this gun. Shooting small animals, concentric circles, zombie DPRK dictators, and any other small game that appears printed on paper. By easy I mean a fairly simple installation done by someone who is not a gunsmith and the pinnacle of smithing tools owned are punches and a torque driver.
Buffer pins for the bolt is good upgrade for a few bucks. So the bolt stops against polymer pin and not metal.

Maybe a threaded barrel and a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked the author Dustin for the post:
KYgundude
Rating: 12.5%
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Dustin wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 pm
KYgundude wrote:Not looking to sporterize. I prefer she stays in the wood furniture. I've added the Volquartzen Automatic Bolt Release, Extended Mag Release, and the BX trigger assembly is on order.

Buffer pins for the bolt is good upgrade for a few bucks. So the bolt stops against polymer pin and not metal.

Thanks man. I'll look into the the pins.
As for the can, I have never had one and have very little interest in dealing with NFA bullshit. I have enough things in my life right now to piss me off.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:30 pm

I agree with Dustin. Buffer pin should finish it off very nicely. You'll be happy you spent what you did on the BX-trigger, unless you grossly overpaid...haha VERY nice upgrade for the cost! The auto bolt release is great also. Only other thing I'd say are the factory barrels are inconsistent. One will be very accurate and the next will be not very good accurate at all. That's just luck of the draw on barrels.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:34 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:30 pm
I agree with Dustin. Buffer pin should finish it off very nicely. You'll be happy you spent what you did on the BX-trigger, unless you grossly overpaid...haha VERY nice upgrade for the cost! The auto bolt release is great also. Only other thing I'd say are the factory barrels are inconsistent. One will be very accurate and the next will be not very good accurate at all. That's just luck of the draw on barrels.

Came to $75.06 with tax and shipping. Seemed a good price. FedEx says it will arrive Wednesday.
https://firearmsdepot.com/ruger-90462-b ... -2-75-lbs/

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:41 pm

Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Elkins45 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:47 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:49 pm
Dustin wrote:

As for the can, I have never had one and have very little interest in dealing with NFA bullshit. I have enough things in my life right now to piss me off.
A dedicated 22 can and standard velocity ammo is a whole lot of fun. You can shoot anywhere there’s a safe backstop and the folks next door will never be the wiser.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:21 pm

Elkins45 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:47 pm
KYgundude wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:49 pm
Dustin wrote:

A dedicated 22 can and standard velocity ammo is a whole lot of fun. You can shoot anywhere there’s a safe backstop and the folks next door will never be the wiser.
I've done it. As a kid I used to shoot in my father's buddy's basement. No basement here. No room to shoot here. It's a range toy.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:09 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:30 pm

Came to $75.06 with tax and shipping. Seemed a good price. FedEx says it will arrive Wednesday.
https://firearmsdepot.com/ruger-90462-b ... -2-75-lbs/
Not bad at all... You'll be glad you did at that price I'm sure. They are what they should have in them from the factory... Crazy they don't in my opinion.

These users liked the author Niceguy for the post:
KYgundude
Rating: 12.5%

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:01 am

I keep thinking about binary trigger for my take down.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Rimfire Rifles”