Rimfire rifles. 10/22 home.
RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Next rimfire. Opinions wanted

Post by RecoilSensitive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:22 pm

The FVSR is cheap enough. Plus gotta buy glass. Changing stocks and all that is more than I will ever do. Lol
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Tell me that AFTER you shoot it a few times.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by RecoilSensitive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Borrowing one tomorrow
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

costellow
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by costellow » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 pm

325MOUTguru wrote:In Soviet Russia instructor shoots you.
Tecumseh wrote:When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:51 am

Frailer wrote:
Whootsinator wrote:I think Chargers are football bat ruhtarded...
We'll just have to agree to disagree. (Although I have no need for the takedown version.)

To answer a question asked in the OP, I shoot CCI subsonic hollow points through this all the time.
I just ordered one of these. Did you need anything for it other than grip, and buffer tube?

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Whootsinator wrote:I think Chargers are football bat ruhtarded...
We'll just have to agree to disagree. (Although I have no need for the takedown version.)

To answer a question asked in the OP, I shoot CCI subsonic hollow points through this all the time.
I just ordered one of these. Did you need anything for it other than grip, and buffer tube?
No, other than the bolt and washer/ferrule from the original Charger stock to secure it to the receiver.

I will caution you that most grips with beaver tails won't work. While the photo shows an A2 grip, I currently have a Magpul MOE-K (not K2) grip on mine. It is more vertical than most grips, so it works better in this application.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Cool, thanks. All I have is the normal MOE and A2's. I'll have to pick up one of those it looks like.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:15 pm

I think you'll like it. I probably have more fun shooting this gun than I do any other. It has the trigger re-worked by Brimstone, and it is more accurate than it really has any right to be.

I will say if I had it to do over again I'd probably put a Shockwave brace on it, but those weren't readily available when I built this.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by RecoilSensitive » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:06 pm

Okay so I got neither. Found a good deal on a Remington 597 aac-sd. It came with scope and I tossed a Harris bipod o had already on it.

Trigger needs some work but fired 10rds today suppressed and all worked well. Look out crows.
Attachments
image.jpeg

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Frailer wrote:I think you'll like it. I probably have more fun shooting this gun than I do any other. It has the trigger re-worked by Brimstone, and it is more accurate than it really has any right to be.

I will say if I had it to do over again I'd probably put a Shockwave brace on it, but those weren't readily available when I built this.
Awesome! I can't wait for it to show now. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine much yet. It has a Whistle Pig barrel so it should be pretty accurate. I slapped a 3-9x rifle scope and was shooting unshouldered and it seemed really accurate even in my a awkward shooting setup...

Return to “Rimfire Rifles”