Rimfire rifles. 10/22 home.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Red Jacket ZK-22 bullpup

Post by kokopelli » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:43 pm

After 11 months of waiting since ordering and paying for it- which was supposed to be a 'pre-order'...then RJ sells it to other retailers before fulfilling individual's orders- RED JACKET SUCKS BALLS!!!!
Then when I get it, it needs a whole lot of fitting, filing and modifying to get it to work.

anyway... installed my 10/22 in it with a KSA bull barrel and a mini-14 flash hider and a SigTac reflex sight.

Looks cool, but definitely not worth the stress and aggravation of the last year to get it...

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Red Jacket ZK-22 bullpup

Post by Geno » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Cool kit, at least it looks that way now! Great job.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Looks cool
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Dibs when u sell it coach :)
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 am

Lol

It does look cool. How does it shoot?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 am

Interesting
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 am

K it's a airsoft shell
Could have DYI for less
Hell I do believe AH did one like three years.
Of course now I just have a new thread to slam Red Partschangers

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed May 01, 2013 5:53 pm

guncrank1 wrote:K it's a airsoft shell
Could have DYI for less
NO WAY!
Red Jacket only uses their own ideas to create things never created or seen in the gun world!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Could have DYI for less
NO WAY!
Red Jacket only uses their own ideas to create things never created or seen in the gun world!
And then double the price
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 pm

WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Could have DYI for less
NO WAY!
And then double the price
Double and a half

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Snagletooth!!!!!!!!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 pm

How's the trigger?

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 am

Well- it's not an airsoft shell of a P90...yeah, plenty of people have made those cheap themselves. It is an actually good design- the stock is stretched out about 4 inches from a P90, and has a top charging handle and long rail, different from the FN.
The plastic is very sturdy- but the outside 'finish' of the plastic is very susceptible to scratches. I sprayed mine with a light coat of Krylon Camo Flat Black to give it some protection.
The trigger is not bad- for a bullpup. There is an aluminum trigger bar that looks like a ladder that reaches back to the factory trigger, and it has a 'return' spring to help it reset, and an adjustable cam for the pressure.

Overall the design and layout, and the look is really cool. Sadly, the thing needed a lot of sanding on the trigger bar, charging handle and mag release for it to work at all. Also the return spring for the trigger bar is too wide so it won't seat itself against the V-block of the barrel/action, and jumps off to the side and hangs on one of the hex bolts. An easy fix for this is a cheap replacement spring from the hardware store, but at the price, no end-user work should be necessary at all.

I am NOT, even the least bit a fan of the show. I cannot stand those idiots, or any of the fake reality gun shows. I bought it because it was a cool design. It's overpriced by about double what it's worth, but the airsoft shells are the only other thing out there that look decent.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Sure looks like a cheap air soft shell
Or who ever built the tooling is a crappy machinist

Wait I guess that is the answer

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 am

Well- if anyone wants to buy one they're all over ebay and Gunbroker now. I sold mine, too.
The thing just doesn't work. I could have tried to sand/polish the trigger bar, the mag release, the charging handle again...and was going to , but when I took it apart for the third time to start doing these again, I just couldn't do it. Since I was taking it apart anyway I just packed it up and sold it on GB. Got my money back out of it plus some; then bought a Ruger Charger. I get a tacticool stock for it.

Goodbye Red Hack-it!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 am

kokopelli wrote:Well- if anyone wants to buy one they're all over ebay and Gunbroker now. I sold mine, too.
The thing just doesn't work. I could have tried to sand/polish the trigger bar, the mag release, the charging handle again...and was going to , but when I took it apart for the third time to start doing these again, I just couldn't do it. Since I was taking it apart anyway I just packed it up and sold it on GB. Got my money back out of it plus some; then bought a Ruger Charger. I get a tacticool stock for it.

Goodbye Red Hack-it!
Conversion are always a mixed bag, sometimes one just drops right in, other times it's put it together, take it apart, put it together, take it apart....... And in the end they're never as good as one designed as a bullpup from the ground up. Still I would have stuck with it a while longer, I don't like to give up that easily.

A 22 designed from the ground up as a bull pup

Walter G22

Return to “Rimfire Rifles”