KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

X Caliber Shotgun caliber change kit

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Interesting.

How effective in real life?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03 ... val-rifle/
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: X Caliber Shotgun caliber change kit

Post by ken6881 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm

I have seen a review on youtube but he did not have very good sights on his shotgun so it was hard to tell how accurate it is
Ky CCDW Instructor

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 pm

well that's interesting

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 pm

I have played with a few in various forms, there were some before these, some just looked like a shotgun shell. Overall I kind of liked the idea as far as like a lone cabin gun type thing, but the more I thought about it the more holes in the logic I see. First Im never going to carry anything in the hope that ill stumble on the ammo to go in it, I would sooner carry nothing but 22LR and a bunch of them. Then if im going to leave it at my cabin why would I store a less then Ideal barrel chamber conversion when I could just store anouther gun or a barrel for a system such as the TC contender and I think even NEF will fit barrels to there actions now. Then when I look at the reason one would get these and the logic I can help but say why not a flint lock, I could make the powder, cast the ball out of wheel weights and car batteries over a camp fire.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:51 pm

son of liberty wrote:I have played with a few in various forms, there were some before these, some just looked like a shotgun shell. Overall I kind of liked the idea as far as like a lone cabin gun type thing, but the more I thought about it the more holes in the logic I see. First Im never going to carry anything in the hope that ill stumble on the ammo to go in it, I would sooner carry nothing but 22LR and a bunch of them. Then if im going to leave it at my cabin why would I store a less then Ideal barrel chamber conversion when I could just store anouther gun or a barrel for a system such as the TC contender and I think even NEF will fit barrels to there actions now. Then when I look at the reason one would get these and the logic I can help but say why not a flint lock, I could make the powder, cast the ball out of wheel weights and car batteries over a camp fire.
Pretty much what I was going to post, but you said it better than I did, so I defer to you, sir.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 pm

.308 62,000 psi max
12 gauge 20,000 psi max

You figure it out

Standing breech guns are proofed at 75,000
Single lug locking point with a .125 width disconnecter with most pumps

Bolt action lock on bolt handle

Shotguns are not designed to stand rifle pressure.

Return to “Shotguns”