Scatterguns of all varieties.
dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Keltec KSG

Post by dbh » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:51 pm

My next door neighbor's BIL supplies a Knoxville Tactical Training Group (similar to RWI) with ammo. A couple of guys brought KSG's to one of the training sessions. Neither lasted the whole day before they fell apart. I think that they put quite a few shells through them....but that shouldn't have mattered. I wouldn't trust my life to one right now !!!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

dbh wrote:My next door neighbor's BIL supplies a Knoxville Tactical Training Group (similar to RWI) with ammo. A couple of guys brought KSG's to one of the training sessions. Neither lasted the whole day before they fell apart. I think that they put quite a few shells through them....but that shouldn't have mattered. I wouldn't trust my life to one right now !!!
Can you expand on the "fell apart" part?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Keltec KSG

Post by dbh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I'll try to get more details.

Sent from your Girlfriend's bedroom.

cknbklyn

Post by cknbklyn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:12 am

Can't say i know much about anything, but my line of work put both a KSG and Saiga 12 in my hands in Texas about a month ago. i prefered the Saiga. the Keltec was misfiring for everyone who held it. it felt kind of cheap. it had issues switching from one mag to the other. emptied both mags and my shoulder was ripped up for about two days. and i run 100 shells through my mossy and feel nothing.

but what do i know :)

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 am

I have been reading similar stuff on the interwebs about the KSG. I bet there are a lot of folks who paid BIG dollars for these on Gunbroker and other auction sites that are kicking themselves in the ass right now.

Once it becomes common knowledge that they suck ass, you won't be able to get rid of them for 1/2 the MSRP.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:32 am

Paging DOSS lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am

ChopperDoc wrote:I have been reading similar stuff on the interwebs about the KSG. I bet there are a lot of folks who paid BIG dollars for these on Gunbroker and other auction sites that are kicking themselves in the ass right now.

Once it becomes common knowledge that they suck ass, you won't be able to get rid of them for 1/2 the MSRP.
I'm in the bullpup forums a bit (surprise) and it does seem there were some teething issues with the first production batch but KT is fixing/upgrading them (lifetime warranty) and I've read where the newer ones are doing much better now. Happens to almost every product out there and why I almost never buy new items when they first come out, wait for the bugs to get worked out.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 am

Ive fired around 300 rounds thru mine with 2 jams one was the gun the other was.ammo related. I love it. I too ha e read about the problems and.if or.when I encounter one it.will go straight to KT for repair u.der warranty. My only complaint is the take down for cleaning, it sucks. As far as the recoil and blah blah ive fired a.billion rounds blah blah. Its a damn 12 gauge. Set your purse down Nancy.
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

cknbklyn

Keltec KSG

Post by cknbklyn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:36 am

Dead-OnSniperService wrote:Ive fired around 300 rounds thru mine with 2 jams one was the gun the other was.ammo related. I love it. I too ha e read about the problems and.if or.when I encounter one it.will go straight to KT for repair u.der warranty. My only complaint is the take down for cleaning, it sucks. As far as the recoil and blah blah ive fired a.billion rounds blah blah. Its a damn 12 gauge. Set your purse down Nancy.
fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:41 am

No dickheadedness intended there lol

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Keltec KSG

Post by ssracer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:42 am

You don't have to intend it...it's just what you do :llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Keltec KSG

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:40 am

Who's Nancy? :llama:

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Am I the only one that isn't a fan? Give me my Saiga-12 any day. I just didn't like the KSG, not my cup of tea. I'm sure that I'm a very small majority that didn't like it though.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Jakob wrote:Am I the only one that isn't a fan? Give me my Saiga-12 any day. I just didn't like the KSG, not my cup of tea. I'm sure that I'm a very small majority that didn't like it though.
They both have their place in the world. Im a huge saiga fan. But when it comes to going around corners in my house, the size.of.the ksg is very nice

Sent from a methlab using Obamaphone

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Dead-OnSniperService wrote:
Jakob wrote:Am I the only one that isn't a fan? Give me my Saiga-12 any day. I just didn't like the KSG, not my cup of tea. I'm sure that I'm a very small majority that didn't like it though.
They both have their place in the world. Im a huge saiga fan. But when it comes to going around corners in my house, the size.of.the ksg is very nice

Sent from a methlab using Obamaphone
I will concede that point, the Saiga is not a room clearing weapon.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Jakob wrote:I will concede that point, the Saiga is not a room clearing weapon.
Doesn't mean it can't be turned into one.

spreston1911
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by spreston1911 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Rented one at TG&G. Very dissapointed.
-Very picky in the method you cycle it
-Very sharp edges in the loading system
-Didn't seem like it held up after a good amount of rounds run through it

The high capacity was however a great feature

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 pm

I guess I just got lucky. I havent had any problems from mine. And I have beat on the thing trying to break it. Its got a lifetime warranty. Why not test it?
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1357853208196.jpg

Return to “Shotguns”