Scatterguns of all varieties.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

New Rem 870 bullpup kit coming out

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 am

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Re: New Rem 870 bullpup kit coming out

Post by JustShootIt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:41 am

Any clue on price?

Need an excuse to own a bull pup....this looks cool.....
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 am

The site lists the MSRP at $359

By the way this is a Ky product, he's in Jamestown, KY
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:44 am

Coachf wrote:Whoa... 359

Do not want.
MSRP, almost nothing ever sells at MSRP. I'm guessing actual selling price will be $250-$275.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:45 am

Looks cool. Anyone know how.that price compares to similar ones?
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:48 am

bigelowe wrote:Looks cool. Anyone know how.that price compares to similar ones?
Paid $275 for my Kushnapup kit for a Saiga 12.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 am

Didnt see price on website.....if they sell below $300 I'll try one.....wonder how hard they will be to get?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Depending upon reviews I might be interested.
Hopefully it has a good trigger pull.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 pm

WLJ wrote:
Coachf wrote:Whoa... 359

Do not want.
MSRP, almost nothing ever sells at MSRP. I'm guessing actual selling price will be $250-$275.
Slidefire stocks

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Sign me up, HD level=epic

Sent from an Asian whorehouse using Tapahoe
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Anyone got a 870 with a non-ribbed barrel for sell cheap? Can even be missing the stock.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I love the look and OAL of bullpups, but I could never get comfortable having the action right next to my face.

Call me chicken.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Just a quick check on buds show a Rem 870 for $350, so lets assume the kit can be had for $300 with shipping. That would make the total $650. Would need to put some sort of sights/optic on it though. Cheapest I've seen a KSG is $850 and I think the new "normal" price is going to be around $800 going by Buds. Although the KSG holds 14 in two tubes which also makes it a bit wider.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Frailer wrote:I love the look and OAL of bullpups, but I could never get comfortable having the action right next to my face.

Call me chicken.
Okay, Chicken!

But on a serious note many bullpups have been in military service for years/decades and I never heard of that being a problem. But most guns are designed to direct the gas downward in case of a KB. The RFB has two good pieces of metal to direct the gas. The only that worry me a little are the AK conversions with the top just being really nothing more than a dust cover, but even with them I have never hear of it being an issue, and I've looked for incidents, but have come up with goose eggs.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:54 pm

WLJ wrote:...many bullpups have been in military service for years/decades and I never heard of that being a problem...
Nor have I, including from my friends in allied armies.

It's a fear without much basis--much like the heebee-jeebees some folks get from harmless snakes.

Nevertheless, I'll just admire them from afar. ;)

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:51 pm

The kit looks awesome except for the pistol grip area, looks a little cheesy to me.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Toddstang wrote:Depending upon reviews I might be interested.
Hopefully it has a good trigger pull.
Trigger pull will be the problem with most any bullpup conversion

Too light of a wire and you get a spongy /drag on trigger. Too heavey of a solid rod link and you get trigger return issues.

High Standard had problems with their bullpup shotgun and discontinued it after only a couple years of production.

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Think I'll wait for WLJ to get one and if he likes it, I'll get one! :P
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm

travisccook wrote:Think I'll wait for WLJ to get one and if he likes it, I'll get one! :P
I went first on the Saiga 12/Kushnapup, so it's your turn. 8-)

Da-Law-Dawg

Post by Da-Law-Dawg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Gentlemen,

I know the creator of this system well, he's a retired Trooper. I saw this come together from the initial concept to the production model. I was asked by the gentleman for input from the LEO side in regards to improvements prior to production. It's a sweet system that nets a compact (just over 27" with an 18" barrel) system that's ideal for home defense. The models I held all had MagPul MBUS sights installed and I was more than impressed. If there are any specifics, aside from pricing, I'll contact the owner of the system. It's something that I'll gladly post a review on for interested parties.
I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's BLOOD. I have no problem going out the EXACT same way!!

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Tell him to join up and give us more details.

I'd love to see more of it, it would help me decide if I want one or not.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Just my thoughts...
Attachments
bullpup design.png
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Da-Law-Dawg

Post by Da-Law-Dawg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

I'll contact him and advise him of this thread fellas.
I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's BLOOD. I have no problem going out the EXACT same way!!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I got the expected to be released for sale in Sept from bullpupforum.com, is this currently correct?

Da-Law-Dawg

Post by Da-Law-Dawg » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:06 am

Not sure on the exact release date. I recently talked with him and there had been a hang-up with the company that actually does the injection molding. I'll get up with him tomorrow and see what I can find out for everyone. This system is sweet and been a while in the making for him. From conception to production time hasn't been that bad, it was the chenges made during the two that racked the time up. He worked in conjunction with a university engineering department on this system to insure all was "right as rain" during development.

Return to “Shotguns”