KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Kushnapup 12ga bullpup build progress

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:59 pm

uh oh
I got an e-mail from Mr.K

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks for letting me put a few rounds through it. First time I have shot a bullpup and yea I def see why it needs optics now! I feel like I was aiming about 3 ft in front of the target to hit it! But it was cool no offense but I think you have a bullpup obsession! :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Rem700 wrote:Thanks for letting me put a few rounds through it. First time I have shot a bullpup and yea I def see why it needs optics now! I feel like I was aiming about 3 ft in front of the target to hit it! But it was cool no offense but I think you have a bullpup obsession! :llama:
1) You're welcome
2) Yes it needs optics bad, almost have settled on one.
3) Yes I do, no offense taken. I like stuff you don't see every day and you see ARs and AKs constantly. I'm drawn to guns that make people say WTF is that?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Look at it this way
I can compared (and I have) my MSAR with a 16" barrel to a AR SBR with a 7.5 barrel and they're virtually the exact same length. No tax stamp needed, no fighting with trying to get it to cycle right, and it maintains velocity by having a much (over 2x) longer barrel.

Heck my RFB, 18" barrel 308, is virtually the exact same length.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Kushnapup 12ga bullpup build progress

Post by Dustin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Ya ya ya but mine is cool and easier to do mag changes. If buy a factory 7.5 or a piston model you won't have the problems I did. Bullpups are cool. But your msar was more than my sbr.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Admit it, the MSAR has been eating the reloads you've done that the SBR chokes on. :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:23 pm

But I will admit, I want to built an SBR.

But after getting a Tavor and PS90

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Maybe a KSG

and a Famas

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Okay, let see how this does for optics, just ordered it.
http://www.sightmark.com/products/refle ... od-sm14011

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Sight came in today, I think this is going to do the trick. Using a 3 slot 1/2 inch riser for testing but it looks odd, need a longer 5 slot 1/2 inch riser but at least it's letting me know I'm on the right track.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:40 pm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Not entirely happy with the way the optics mount looks, looks worst in the picture than it does in person, but it's functional.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm

In case you're wondering what my total cost has been so far

Saiga 12ga - $600
K-Pup Kit - $275
Top Rail - $50
Sightmark (SM14011) Reflex sight - $100
1/2 riser - $10
Total - $1,035 or $935 w/o the sight.

Note: The flash hider was $30 but it's optional.

Compare this to a KSG pump action w/o sight/optic which have been going for $1,200 although I think they should settle around $850, if you can find one that is.

So remove the optics and it's K-Pup at $935 vs $850-$1,200 for the KSG (GL finding one)

CopperWires
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by CopperWires » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

I'm not a huge bullpup fan but this looks interesting!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:49 am

Visited DBH and while their we loaded his 12 rd stick magazine and inserted it in the mag well to check the balance. Even with a loaded 12rd mag inserted you could easily handle the K-Pup with one hand with ease. The bullpup balance allows to use your left hand for other things than just holding the gun up like opening doors Then tried the same thing with his regular Saiga 12 and it was no-go, no way you're holding that thing up with one hand, unless you're He-Man or something. Now to be fair he did have a light and laser mounted on the front, which didn't help, but a bullpup would still help even with those by moving them and their weight back rearward closer to the handgrip.

This didn't surprise me, this not being my first bullpup, but what did surprise me was how the 12rd stick mag was so non-intrusive. It looks clumsy as heck in photos, but once you pick it up in person with the mag on it it handles nicely.

BTW: The photo above is with my 8rd stick mag, not the 12.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Crap, sending back the optic I ordered, shooting way to the left and there's not enough adjustments to condensate. Checked and the rail is perfectly straight which means it's the sight. They just e-mail me a shipping label.
Darn it Primary Arms get some stock in, theirs is the one I really wanted anyway.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:35 pm

U shouldn't "condensate" your optics.......no wonder it isn't' working right :)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

What was your overall opinion of the sight? Aside from the issue you had......seem like a decent optic? Looks like something that may work on my Ruger Lite?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 pm

JustShootIt wrote:What was your overall opinion of the sight? Aside from the issue you had......seem like a decent optic? Looks like something that may work on my Ruger Lite?
I suppose the diode is alined wrong. Other than that I liked it, the green dot was more visible than I expected.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:41 pm

JustShootIt wrote:U shouldn't "condensate" your optics.......no wonder it isn't' working right :)
LOL
Stupid spell checker, it should know what I meant to say.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Okay, new optic came in and I must say this is the one I should have ordered in the first place. Fits the rail like they were made for each other and the height is perfect (IMHO) right out of the box with no riser needed) Most reviews I found on many sites seem to be positive for the most part. Got to remember that some people will even bitch about an aimpoint.

Don't have pictures of it on the gun yet but it's this one

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Looks good W !!
I have been waiting months and months for PA micro dot. Might start looking at other options. Shot it a bunch on Monday and felt like I was aiming straight at the ground !

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:57 pm

dbh wrote:Looks good W !!
I have been waiting months and months for PA micro dot. Might start looking at other options. Shot it a bunch on Monday and felt like I was aiming straight at the ground !
How is that mag guide working?

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 pm

WLJ wrote:
dbh wrote:Looks good W !!
How is that mag guide working?
Not sure if I can tell a big difference. You need to try mine and see what you think.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:26 pm

With the new optics

Return to “Shotguns”