Any Blaser owners on KAC?

Scatterguns of all varieties.
Brob324
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Any Blaser owners on KAC?

Post by Brob324 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 am

I'm hunting for a high end trap/ sporting clays gun- 32" barrel with screw in chokes and I'm seriously looking at the Blaser F16/ F3 if I could find one. Anyone handled one of these by chance? I'm also looking at a Browning 725/Beretta 68x. My autos are Beretta and choke interchangeability is a plus but not a huge deal to me. Any thoughts?

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Any Blaser owners on KAC?

Post by son of liberty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Good luck , I went looking for the R8 a few years ago and could not find but one person who had even heard of it. The starting retail price made it uncompetitive with full custom hand built rifles. Good luck is all I can say.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:30 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Browning Citori. Or a custom beretta.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 am

I belonged to a club over 20 yrs up north that was highly active in all the clays sports, I seen and shot kreigoffs, perrazzis, etc., etc., good few high rollers with all kinds of contraptions for breaking clays, but browning and berreta over unders were the lions share whether sporting, trap, or skeet. I cannot shoot most any beretta I have tried without serious cheek slap, but I fell in love with the Browning 525 sporting, still love my savage/Valmet 333 but handed it down when my son shot skeet league and winter sporting with me and then I found a 525 Sporting with non ported barrels in California, that is the only thing I didn't like about the newer clays guns, most are ported, and mine is a rare penny, never seen another like it. Someday I would like to get a 625 wood set for it then it would really shine. Anyhow make sure you shoot both a beretta and Browning before you buy, seems they are designed for two different physiques. I mean if I shot a whole round with a beretta I would probabbly be too punchy to ever shoot clays again, but suits other folks fine. My Browning I just stay glued to the stock, not sure but cant or comb or both must be different on the stocks, of course you can fit any stock to you but between those two brands they seem to cover most shooters. You ever in S.E. KY and I'll throw a few birds for you to try my 525, the 625, 725 basic design and functionality is the same.

Brob324

Post by Brob324 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 am

I appreciate the input gentlemen- I have a 686 black onyx but even with extended chokes I'm still not quite getting what I want out of it as the barrels are 28". I may try to track down a nice 525/725 before sinking a shitton of money into a Blaser- I've heard nothing but positive reviews on them but I can't do 4K+ without handling/ shooting one I don't think. Any LGS's or clubs that you guys know offhand that are good for used shotguns? I'm in Lexington and the selection at most of the usual suspects barely qualifies as shitty. I travel frequently so Lville or anywhere within a couple hours is no big deal. Thanks again for the help fellas

Brob324

Post by Brob324 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Anyone have experience with a Browning Cynergy Classic Trap? Hits most of the check boxes as far as what I am looking for and I can get one with several extras for around half the price of the Blaser.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Check out trapshooters dot etc and shotgunworld forums. Wealth of wisdom on smoothbores

Return to “Shotguns”