Scatterguns of all varieties.
CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

VEPR 12 from FIME group

Post by CCRBUM » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:06 pm

so i recently purchased a vepr 12 from the FIME group. Super cool gun and a lot of fun to shoot. I did my research on them and decided it was a solid investment with minimal effort to get it running 100%. upon receiving the rifle and shooting it for the first time I was experiencing failures to extract and eject. Based on what I read this was normal for it.
Polished the rails and bolt carrier and hammer (this seemed to be the go to fix) and still experienced issues. Ran high speed stuff through it, buck shot and slugs and it got worse. A friend of mine purchased the same model as me at the same time as me. He was experiencing zero problems. So after another round of frustration we swapped bolts to see if it was an extractor problem. Mine ran 100% with his and his ran like garbage with mine. Problem located. Further inspection of the bolt face is revealed in the pictures below.

My Bolt is on the left while my buddy's bolt is on the right. notice the fixed extractor right side of the bolt? mine is a little nub.. (hey I'm not the only guy with this problem!)

Close up of mine.

close up of his.

So After discovering this I gave the FIME group a call. They sent me an email so I could send pictures of the problem and get stuff sorted out. They asked over the phone if I thought just the part could be sent in and replaced or if the while rifle needed to be sent in. Just the part should work! The gave me a case number and said send it back.... just the bolt or the whole rifle? It'll be cheaper and easier for me to just send the bolt since that's the defect. Good to go on shipping the bolt... Bolt is in the mail!

Received an email a couple days later that they need the whole rifle and not the bolt. I asked what changed? They said nothing changed.. I said YOU told me to ship just the bolt... Ok they will let the TECH team know... Get an email TODAY that after looking at the bolt they need the whole rifle shipped back... on my dime...

At this point I'm getting pissed.. I have a request in for them to either FIX the bolt, pay for the shotgun to be shipped back OR throw in some major swag to say sorry for shipping you a defective product. I'll keep you guys posted on this.. so far its been 2 weeks of going round and round.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: VEPR 12 from FIME group

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 pm

CCRBUM wrote:so i recently purchased a vepr 12 from the FIME group. Super cool gun and a lot of fun to shoot. I did my research on them and decided it was a solid investment with minimal effort to get it running 100%. upon receiving the rifle and shooting it for the first time I was experiencing failures to extract and eject. Based on what I read this was normal for it.
Polished the rails and bolt carrier and hammer (this seemed to be the go to fix) and still experienced issues. Ran high speed stuff through it, buck shot and slugs and it got worse. A friend of mine purchased the same model as me at the same time as me. He was experiencing zero problems. So after another round of frustration we swapped bolts to see if it was an extractor problem. Mine ran 100% with his and his ran like garbage with mine. Problem located. Further inspection of the bolt face is revealed in the pictures below.

My Bolt is on the left while my buddy's bolt is on the right. notice the fixed extractor right side of the bolt? mine is a little nub.. (hey I'm not the only guy with this problem!)

Close up of mine.

close up of his.

So After discovering this I gave the FIME group a call. They sent me an email so I could send pictures of the problem and get stuff sorted out. They asked over the phone if I thought just the part could be sent in and replaced or if the while rifle needed to be sent in. Just the part should work! The gave me a case number and said send it back.... just the bolt or the whole rifle? It'll be cheaper and easier for me to just send the bolt since that's the defect. Good to go on shipping the bolt... Bolt is in the mail!

Received an email a couple days later that they need the whole rifle and not the bolt. I asked what changed? They said nothing changed.. I said YOU told me to ship just the bolt... Ok they will let the TECH team know... Get an email TODAY that after looking at the bolt they need the whole rifle shipped back... on my dime...

At this point I'm getting pissed.. I have a request in for them to either FIX the bolt, pay for the shotgun to be shipped back OR throw in some major swag to say sorry for shipping you a defective product. I'll keep you guys posted on this.. so far its been 2 weeks of going round and round.

Since bolts are a restricted item from most if not all firearms company, that is way they want shotgun back.

I well give you 200.00 for the shotgun.( :llama:

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:10 pm

seems like you are always getting the weird guns and having issues with others. didnt you have the beretta 92 with issues?

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:08 am

lol yep sure did dave

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:57 pm

alright a quick update. FIME is still making me pay for the shipping but the lady I talked to on the phone was super understanding and apologetic about the whole situation and she's going to see what she can do to get me a free mag or 2. It'll be going out with fed EX on Monday and should be out there by Friday. I'll update again once it's been received and I get a response from them.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 pm

CCRBUM wrote:alright a quick update. FIME is still making me pay for the shipping but the lady I talked to on the phone was super understanding and apologetic about the whole situation and she's going to see what she can do to get me a free mag or 2. It'll be going out with fed EX on Monday and should be out there by Friday. I'll update again once it's been received and I get a response from them.

thats nice of them, give you crappy part and make you pay to ship their crap back to them...and then get you to appreciate it :shock: :o

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:19 am

lol I'm trying to find a bright spot in this dave

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:28 am

CCRBUM wrote:lol I'm trying to find a bright spot in this dave

no need, they need to suck it up and do right by the customer for creating a poor product/crappy QC.

Don't take that crap man!

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:13 pm

UPDATE: received my shotgun back today... only it wasn't mine, it was a new one! bolt face was correct on it and I received an additional magazine. Took it to the range and ran a box of federal through it (my old one was hanging up on it) and it ran without an issue.. seems to be problem solved and I'm very happy with the results!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm

And did they refund your shipping cost? If not i would be calling again......

Nice of them to correct the error but crappy customer service and forcing you to pay more to correct their error is bad.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Looks like you got what is commonly referred to as a vodka special. Used to see a lot of vodka special Saigas but never a Vepr
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:06 am

no refund on shipping but I got a 2nd mag so that makes it a little better.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 am

At least they paid for the cab ride home, still kinda makes you feel cheap.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Yes lol... but still better than Beretta sending me the gun back (with finish flaking off) and tell me it's fine! All in all... I would be fine purchasing from them again. I would just make sure to check everything on it first!

Return to “Shotguns”