Scatterguns of all varieties.
Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 102 times

WOW!

Post by Toddstang » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 am

I have only seen one of these and it was years ago:http://centerfiresystems.com/SG1667-N.aspx

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Re: WOW!

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:37 am

My Papaw passed away a few years ago...he had a lever action 12 gauge similar to this.

Don't recall the make etc...

It "disappeared" along with a few other items.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:38 am

JustShootIt wrote:My Papaw passed away a few years ago...he had a lever action 12 gauge similar to this.

I believe Browning was the original maker. One of the guys that hunted with my Grandpa used one and it looked wicked!

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:36 am

Toddstang wrote:
JustShootIt wrote:My Papaw passed away a few years ago...he had a lever action 12 gauge similar to this.

I believe Browning was the original maker. One of the guys that hunted with my Grandpa used one and it looked wicked!
John Moses Browning designed for Winchester.

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 am

There's one at 111
Height Supremacist

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:37 am

I think I remember Arnie "Terminator" riding a motorcycle and blowing open a chainlink gate with one of those. lol

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:21 am

richief wrote:I think I remember Arnie "Terminator" riding a motorcycle and blowing open a chainlink gate with one of those. lol
Absolutely. His was a 10 gauge though.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 am

Tyler wrote:There's one at 111
They have them in all the time.

Made in China BTW
http://www.shotgunnews.com/2013/03/12/b ... 87-review/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:26 am

WLJ wrote:
Tyler wrote:There's one at 111
They have them in all the time.

Made in China BTW
http://www.shotgunnews.com/2013/03/12/b ... 87-review/
Well that sucks.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:31 am

guncrank1 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:

John Moses Browning designed for Winchester.
Indeed. The Winchester 1887. Not his best design (and he knew it at the time), but most definitely cool.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:05 pm

I didn't know y'all could buy Chinese firearms. Those are sold here too, but under the Norinco banner. I'd like to try one, but I know I'm going to be disappointed, I always am when I buy a Norc.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:09 pm

These particular ones are branded "Dominion Arms" but its a Norinco. I should buy one and see what's up. Needs a buttstock though.

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/deta ... s-1887-t2/

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Ordered. Now to do some research on slicking this action up (guaranteed it'll be rough as a reverse engineered Chinese firearm!)

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:05 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:Ordered. Now to do some research on slicking this action up (guaranteed it'll be rough as a reverse engineered Chinese firearm!)

Remove fins and burrs with a side grinder

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:40 am

I've seen them on the distributors site a few times. Temping.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:I didn't know y'all could buy Chinese firearms. Those are sold here too, but under the Norinco banner. I'd like to try one, but I know I'm going to be disappointed, I always am when I buy a Norc.
Cant buy Chinese assault weapons, but can buy Chinese shotguns and certain types of rifles all day.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:39 am

guncrank1 wrote:
Mexican Kerry wrote:Ordered. Now to do some research on slicking this action up (guaranteed it'll be rough as a reverse engineered Chinese firearm!)

Yeah probably.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:40 am

Toddstang wrote:
Mexican Kerry wrote:I didn't know y'all could buy Chinese firearms. Those are sold here too, but under the Norinco banner. I'd like to try one, but I know I'm going to be disappointed, I always am when I buy a Norc.
Cant buy Chinese assault weapons, but can buy Chinese shotguns and certain types of rifles all day.
Interesting.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Interesting.
Don't try to make any sense out of it, it'll just make you're head hurt.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

1fastmach1

WOW!

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 am

So you said can't buy Chinese assault weapons.... I have a Chinese sks that was my grandfathers years ago. I think it's a norinco if I'm not mistaken. I haven't pulled it out of the safe in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 am

1fastmach1 wrote:So you said can't buy Chinese assault weapons.... I have a Chinese sks that was my grandfathers years ago. I think it's a norinco if I'm not mistaken. I haven't pulled it out of the safe in years.

Importation was banned in 1994, so what you see is what you get in the USA, no more new ones can come in. Ownership is not banned, plus they can still be bought, sold, and traded as with any other gun within the US, but no more new ones can be imported. Before the import ban Chinese SKSs could be bought for $50, AKs for $100.
Last edited by WLJ on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

Yeah probably.
Or a plasma cutter :llama:

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:28 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:So you said can't buy Chinese assault weapons.... I have a Chinese sks that was my grandfathers years ago. I think it's a norinco if I'm not mistaken. I haven't pulled it out of the safe in years.
My understanding was that since the ban Chinese firearms weren't allowed importation any more, not that there never were any in the States. Apparently this isn't the case as there are obviously some that are allowed. I know many people have expressed a wish to have Norinco 1911s available to them, maybe someone here can shed some light on the legislation.

According to wikipedia haha, 1993 marked an American ban on most Norinco products, except sporting shotguns and ammo. Then in 2003, the sanction was expanded to exclude all Norinco firearms and ammo, as a result of allegations of missile-related sales to Iran.

Doesn't explain how they are now being sold again, unless being re named under a different brand makes them ok.

As for making the head hurt trying to understand, same here with our laws.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Mexican Kerry wrote:
My understanding was that since the ban Chinese firearms weren't allowed importation any more, not that there never were any in the States. Apparently this isn't the case as there are obviously some that are allowed. I know many people have expressed a wish to have Norinco 1911s available to them, maybe someone here can shed some light on the legislation.

According to wikipedia haha, 1993 marked an American ban on most Norinco products, except sporting shotguns and ammo. Then in 2003, the sanction was expanded to exclude all Norinco firearms and ammo, as a result of allegations of missile-related sales to Iran.

Doesn't explain how they are now being sold again, unless being re named under a different brand makes them ok.

That's interesting. My sks is stamped norinco compasseco bardstown ky.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388876876.805857.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388876876.805857.jpg (126.06 KiB) Viewed 768 times

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:42 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
Mexican Kerry wrote:

That's interesting. My sks is stamped norinco compasseco bardstown ky.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388876876.805857.jpg

There were hundreds of importers of Chinese firearms before 1994.
Your gun was imported BEFORE 1994

Return to “Shotguns”