.357 rounds downrange

Revolvers. From air weights to .500 s&w.
Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

.357 rounds downrange

Post by Kadnine » Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 am

The Taurus Model 605 is a handful of hand sting, but man! So much fun!
IMG_20130410_172550.jpg
I'm an iron sight rifle guy, new to handguns. But... getting better slowly ;)

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re: .357 rounds downrange

Post by Vividia » Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Revolver love - I like it! :)

Nice shooting.

Wheel guns are reliable and fun, and nothing keeps your trigger pull honest like a double action revolver.

.357 has a very distinctive report, doesn't it?
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Wed May 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Vividia wrote:.357 has a very distinctive report, doesn't it?
Yes. Yes it does. ;) Not bad for a 2" snubbie!

Been experimenting with 128 grain low-recoil and full-on 148 grain Jacketed Hollow Points. The hand sting is the same, but I think I prefer the 128 for accuracy.

- K
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Try some full-house 158gr .357 Magnum loads. That'll definitely get the hand to stinging pretty good!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Wyldman wrote:Try some full-house 158gr .357 Magnum loads. That'll definitely get the hand to stinging pretty good!
You wanna sell me some? Can't find those anywhere!

- K
~~~

~~~

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Wed May 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Lol that's because they are all in my stash.

I prefer the 158 because I have some old k frames
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Wed May 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Vividia wrote:Lol that's because they are all in my stash.

I prefer the 158 because I have some old k frames

Ahhh! Now I know who to rob! My 605 is a basically a j frame. Would it handle the full-house 158? In yer estimation? (With accurate round placement, I mean. I understand it won't fly apart or nuthin'.)

- K
~~~

~~~

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Vividia is the queen of revolvers.

My favorite revolvers are my .357's.
:llama:

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Forgot to answer this one.

A J frame rated for .357 will handle it, but at a sacrifice of palm smack, recoil, noise and elapsed time to back on target. All but the noise thing can be conquered with training and practice. The challenge will be fun!

In the immortal words of Marcus the day he shot a snubbie with .357 - "I cant say there was anything pleasant about that."

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Thu May 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Vividia wrote:Forgot to answer this one.

A J frame rated for .357 will handle it, but at a sacrifice of palm smack, recoil, noise and elapsed time to back on target. All but the noise thing can be conquered with training and practice. The challenge will be fun!

In the immortal words of Marcus the day he shot a snubbie with .357 - "I cant say there was anything pleasant about that."
True. Dustin's scandium(?) framed snubbie.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Marcus wrote:
Vividia wrote:Forgot to answer this one.

True. Dustin's scandium(?) framed snubbie.
Still carry that thing daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:46 pm

In the immortal words of Marcus the day he shot a snubbie with .357 - "I cant say there was anything pleasant about that."[/quote]

I'll second that! After 5rds out of the same gun at NH, I came back and told Dustin and Nemo. "Sweet gun, but there was nothing fun about that."...haha My trigger finger was sore for a week after that from the trigger guard snapping back into it...haha

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dustin » Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 pm

I will have the gun at TG&G Saturday morning.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Fri May 03, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks Viv! The Taurus 605 is essentially a knock-off S&W j frame with a beefier grip. It stings firing .357 but you can can shoot .38 Special all day long! I love it. It's my daily carry piece.

I put a lot of thought and energy into finally choosing the 605 and I can honestly say that I'm pleased.

- K
~~~

~~~

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 am

Guess what I just found...
IMG_20130503_081922.jpg
Somebody's headed back to the range today!

- Keith
~~~

~~~

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Fri May 03, 2013 8:41 am

Somebody's hand is going to be sore this evening!
IN GOD WE TRUST

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Fri May 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Okay. The full-house 158 grain is... ahem... intense! <ouchouchouchouchouchTylenolTylenolTylenolTylenol>

- K
~~~

~~~

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Lol a learning experience for sure :)

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Fri May 03, 2013 9:21 pm

I tried to warn you. Those loads are a lot easier to take in my GP100!
IN GOD WE TRUST

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dustin » Fri May 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Want to shot 5 of them out of my gun ???

Return to “Wheel Guns”