Citadel 1911 - Made in The Phillipines

The beautiful creation that god gave us so that we might smite our enemies.
Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Jakob » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 pm

I purchased this little gem from a member a little while back. Just got to start firing it extensively and I have to say that I love it. I can consistently hit 4" targets at 25 yards. I also shot an unofficial IDPA(?) style match with 24 other shooters last weekend. I was third overall, only missing second by .01 seconds. The seller said that it would not feed JHP ammo reliably, but it cycles just fine for me. I used cheap Winchester JHP from Wal-Mart.
Not so much just about the Citadel, but the 1911 frame in general (this is my first shot and owned) is very comfortable. The mag change was quick and easy and the pistol drops right onto target at 8 yards or so. On a side note, I'm not a fan of FOBUS holsters now that I've tried to quick draw from one. I don't have my CCDW permit yet, so I can't carry IWB; have to open carry.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Getting some1911s to run with some JHP ammo requires a really firm grip that may not be for some shooters. Once you master it they are some sweet shooters.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 am

My RIA 1911 didn't like HPs at all at first. For me it turned out to be a mag issue. Switched from the ACT mags it came with to Wilson 47Ds and it started eating anything

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Citadel 1911 - Made in The Phillipines

Post by Jakob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:12 am

ssracer wrote:My RIA 1911 didn't like HPs at all at first. For me it turned out to be a mag issue. Switched from the ACT mags it came with to Wilson 47Ds and it started eating anything
I have 4 magazines, but not one of them are marked. I'm assuming they're all magazines that come with the pistol, just that someone had purchased extras.
I grip it like I grip all of my pistols, I try to use gloves though. Just a habit that I've gotten into, don't know if that makes a difference.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 am

It probably came with Act Novak mags. They are a gloss black 8 round with a silver follower.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Toddinlou wrote:It probably came with Act Novak mags. They are a gloss black 8 round with a silver follower.
The magazine is shiny silver (aluminum?) with a polymer bottom plate and a black follower. No markings on them anywhere at all.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:07 am

The Citadel is an ARMSCOR gun -Rock Island Armory- Legacy Sports (Citadel/Puma/Howa) imports them. They 'spec'd' the Citadel similar to the RIA tactical model to have the ambi safety, skeleton trigger, 'commander style' hammer and beavertail but also added double diamond checkered grips, forward slide serrations and the pseudo Novak sights instead of the fiber optic setup on the newest RIA's.

STI takes the same Citadel frame and slide and sells the gun as their Spartan model for around $800 bucks, but uses the same RIA fiber optic front sight on the slide.

I bought the Citadel because I wanted the RIA tactical, but I didn't want the goofy fiber optic sight and I like the larger-spaced front slide serrations.
I hated selling mine to a member who then sold it again....so last week I bought another one!

These are awesome 1911's -all the ARMSCOR's are. Unbelievable quality and features for the money. I had a guy balking at the RIA's because they were made in the Philippines, and argued for a Springfield Armory because 'they're American' made. He was a little miffed when I proved to him that his $900 American made SA Loaded was in fact made in Brazil, not Illinois.

Anyway- those ACT mags they come with are good range mags- get some Chip McCormick or Wilson mags and they'll feed anything.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am

Ok, so they're ACT mags. I haven't had one problem out of them. Rapid/course firing or range firing.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:25 pm

kokopelli wrote:These are awesome 1911's -all the ARMSCOR's are. Unbelievable quality and features for the money. I had a guy balking at the RIA's because they were made in the Philippines, and argued for a Springfield Armory because 'they're American' made.
I just find it funny when I see folks screaming about only shooting guns made in America and then in another thread watch them explain why they love Glocks..

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm with koko. My RIA is a good solid gun. Bought it cause where else am I gonna get a nickel 1911 for 400 bucks? Turned out it was a good shooter too. +1 on the ACT mags, never had a problem with mine.

Return to “1911s”