Shooting low with trijicon HD novak

The beautiful creation that god gave us so that we might smite our enemies.
Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Shooting low with trijicon HD novak

Post by Frailer » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:41 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:...Have you shot at a further distance, say 15 yrds? Does the group come up?
This is what I was aiming at (no pun intended).

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:17 pm

and invest in a caliper, even if just one at harbor freight

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm

I haven't shot it further, I only had 50 rounds that day as I expected to simply pick up the gun, shoot it and leave. I ended up leaving quite frustrated.

I think Louisville Armory Indoor range goes to 25 yards at the furthest, I'll try it there when I go next weekend.

This kinda makes me wonder, when I shoot with my other guns I aim the same as I would at 7 yards or 25 yards, G19 or G43 or 1911. Regardless of the gun should they all theoretically start dropping before 25 yards if they're zeroed for 7 yards? Seems too small of a difference to make any difference at 7 or 25.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:37 pm

Tomahawk wrote:I haven't shot it further, I only had 50 rounds that day as I expected to simply pick up the gun, shoot it and leave. I ended up leaving quite frustrated.

I think Louisville Armory Indoor range goes to 25 yards at the furthest, I'll try it there when I go next weekend.

This kinda makes me wonder, when I shoot with my other guns I aim the same as I would at 7 yards or 25 yards, G19 or G43 or 1911. Regardless of the gun should they all theoretically start dropping before 25 yards if they're zeroed for 7 yards? Seems too small of a difference to make any difference at 7 or 25.
1. Well, are you running factory height sights on those other pistol
2. Depending on caliber, ammo, barrel length and pistol.. yes there can be that big of difference.
3. Don't be so quick to blame the weapon, 9 times out of 10 it's shooter error.
4. Don't buy important things from amazon lol

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:28 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:I haven't shot it further, I only had 50 rounds that day as I expected to simply pick up the gun, shoot it and leave. I ended up leaving quite frustrated.

1. Well, are you running factory height sights on those other pistol
2. Depending on caliber, ammo, barrel length and pistol.. yes there can be that big of difference.
3. Don't be so quick to blame the weapon, 9 times out of 10 it's shooter error.
4. Don't buy important things from amazon lol
1) I shot whatever I shot out of my Glock (Freedom Munitions) Same ammo. Well 9mm and .45 so Ill bring along other .45 ACP next weekend.
3) The armorer looked at me like it was my fault! But I am certain it wasn't me.
4) Yes, lesson learned, be careful what you buy used >.< I am prettty annoyed. I remember a part of me telling me NOT to buy this. But oh well.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:40 am

Welp good luck, hope you get it lined out.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Sometimes something new just doesn't mesh with you... I don't know why. When DBH brought his VP9 to the range I shot it waaay low. Handed it off, everyone else shot shot POA/POI. Picked up the Glock 34 I'd been shooting and I was POA/POI. Picked up the VP9 everyone else could shoot well, and I was way low. This wasn't a grip angle issue.

Let us know how you work it out.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Email response

Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon products! By design, our HD sights are taller, which CAN have a small effect on POA/POI. Frequently, we will address these corrections at no additional charge to the customer by having you send the slide with detailed information to change to a shorter front sight in your case. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/ ... zation.php

I’ve not seen a set of Night Sights that did not have “Trijicon H3 15” stamped on the front & rear sight. Perhaps you could provide images…? Please contact us if we can be of further assistance

Well. Atleast they respond and help. Im irritated I have to spend extra 10 on shipping. Why wouldnt they adjust rear sights if they know the frobt sight is going to be taller? And why does it only affect certain people?

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:28 pm

By the sounds of the email they are questioning if the sights may be a fake. The not being stamped part. Is this a possibility?

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Rem700 wrote:By the sounds of the email they are questioning if the sights may be a fake. The not being stamped part. Is this a possibility?
Yea I asked them if any they sold had no markings. They all have markings. Talked to the guy I bought it from and he said he bought it from.Glock.eister. He hasnt been acting fishy or strange and been more than helpful, which is atypical of a scammer.

He did mention it couldve been his cleaners which took it off. The construction of sights feel.solid and doesnt feel.fake to me. You cant really fakr tritium with limited suppliers, can you?

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 pm

I've found Trijicon's printed labels/markings to be pretty fragile. They come off relatively easily with use.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “1911s”