Wilson Combat - Oh My Goodenss!!

The beautiful creation that god gave us so that we might smite our enemies.
BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Wilson Combat - Oh My Goodenss!!

Post by BK Meyers » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Was at a local LGS this wknd. Checked out the new Ruger SR1911 railed unit (model #6715) and drooled over it for a bit. Then the sales mgr, who knows I have a weakness for 1911's, said "you've got to check this out".

He checked and cleared it, then handed me a Wilson Combat 1911. I did not look for what model it was. Sales guy instructed me to rack the slide. OH MY GOODNESS!!! :D

The slide felt like it was mounted on ball bearings. I have never felt the slide on any semi-auto of any type or brand that was this smooth. WOW!! The he said to try the trigger. Smooth, light, very little take up. The pistol is supposed to be a bit older but has had very few rounds thru it (like less than 25). Previous owner ran a couple of mags thru it then put it in the safe. And it stayed there.

I've told myself that one day I will let myself buy a higher end 1911. $2000+ is a lot for one firearm, but one day......

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Wilson Combat - Oh My Goodenss!!

Post by PDM » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Yep. This is why I don't own a 1911
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Geno » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 pm

I hate when those dealers take advantage of us with the 1911 bug! They sure are sweet. I still work a couple 1911's is the carry carousel. A well tuned 1911 is a thing of beauty.
When just out and about, a Glock 19 is usually in play. If , God forbid , I need to use it to protect my family or myself, I can find another just like it until the court is done with it. Somehow using a beautiful pistol on a cretin is revolting. I think the 1911 will be my "Barbecue " gun! Glocks always work and are suitable for disposal of societal refuse.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Geno wrote:I hate when those dealers take advantage of us with the 1911 bug! They sure are sweet. I still work a couple 1911's is the carry carousel. A well tuned 1911 is a thing of beauty.
When just out and about, a Glock 19 is usually in play. If , God forbid , I need to use it to protect my family or myself, I can find another just like it until the court is done with it. Somehow using a beautiful pistol on a cretin is revolting. I think the 1911 will be my "Barbecue " gun! Glocks always work and are suitable for disposal of societal refuse.
Very well stated.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Wilsons are very nice but I think the Les Baer or Nighthawks are a little better. Been eyeing a few used ones. They definitely make you drool if you try them out. Very close on my next "must purchase list"

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:59 pm

I've always been happy with my Sig unit but Wilson makes a fine pistol!

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:34 pm

I bought this Wilson CQB from 111 a year or two ago. It was tight and smooth and as nice as can be, but it was just too rich for even my blood! I'd prefer to have two other nice guns over one "super nice" one. I sold it off and have no regrets. It's nice, but the difference between it and a Springfield TRP costing half as much were not noticeable in my opinion.

:llama:

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:37 pm

I definitely want a nice 1911 one day. If I bought one right now I think it'd be a Les Baer
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “1911s”