Colt New Agent type sights

The beautiful creation that god gave us so that we might smite our enemies.
Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Colt New Agent type sights

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Doing some tinkering to my commander sized Norinco. One thing I've been thinking about is deleting the sights completely to smooth out the pistol and cutting a full length sight channel (not sure if there's a real name for it) a la Colt's New Agent. Anybody have any experience with one? Useless, or not? I imagine it would take some practice to become somewhat proficient but this is a guinea pig pistol. Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Colt New Agent type sights

Post by JustShootIt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 pm

I have a Colt New Agent with gutter sights and really like them!

Not as hard to get used to as you would think....

Also like the looks...very clean and snag free...

U can shoot mine a NH and see if u like them!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Might be tough, don't think I'm going to make the next shoot. Thanks for the offer though. Realistically, what kind of accuracy do you get with it and what are its capabilities as far as practical range goes?

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 pm

LOL, figured you might drive down to NH Sunday...Haha....really tho, you'd b welcome to shoot it...

The gutter/trench sights are practical......I haven't attempted to shoot much past 20 yds with the New Agent....

I can consistently hit a paper plate at 10-12 yds....at a somewhat rapid fire.....Never have tried to shoot tight groups per say

Last week I set a couple Coke cans on the ground and step out about 25 yds and managed to hit it several times....kept it jumping........

Works well for what they are intended......quick and easy draw and holster and quicker aquiring your target.....
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Minute of pie plate is good enough, like you said its intended purpose is going to compromise things a bit. Hopefully it works out, I'm going to mark the "gutter" with a sharpie first and try it to see how the pistol shoots before cutting it. Never fired it so I should at least test it out and find out where its shooting. Another option would be to mill the slide flat and checker or serrate the flat strip. Thanks for the input.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Would like to see pics of what you decide to do!

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Its been a slow project, I had a thread going on kfa about it. Haven't touched it lately, found it under a pile of paper and books on my workbench last night and got interested in it again. I'll update as I go.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm

I've got the New Agent also, for every day carry. Love it. VERY quick on target, and I know exactly where the bullet is going to hit when I look down the trench. Once you shoot even just a few rounds out of it, you see how to hold/tilt the gun and where it hits...
No snag, low profile, etc...and again, very fast on target. Go for it!

Return to “1911s”