Sig P365 Question please

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
scrypyr
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Sig P365 Question please

Post by scrypyr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Hey all,

Think I might have found a new great EDC if Sig ever gets the bugs figured out. My only real question is does anyone know when they might be in stores again with issues fixed? I called a few places around town and was told the wait would be months possibly. I did add myself to a wait list at one store but I think I was like 40th in line. I was just wanting to see if anyone had more info about it maybe. Thanks

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Sig P365 Question please

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Wait a year or so, Sig is using their customer base as beta testers like Remington did with the R51.

In case you don't want to watch the entire video, not only does he discuss the issues other's are having with the 365, toward the end of the video the trigger bar breaks. This is in addition to the primer drag he's getting, like others, after stating at the beginning he's had no problems. So my advice is wait

https://youtu.be/BYCCQjx0M8M

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm

I watched it, was a good vid. I went and shot one other day and it was wonderful. Just so nice...
I is so nice and tiny but still 10(or 12)+1.
It seems like it would be a G26 killer if these damn problems didnt exist.
I did shoot a Walther PPSM2 also and liked it but that 365 felt so right.

I even was dreaming about it last night(yeah i am lonely)

Was just really hoping they would have these issues resolved soon and would start seeing them within a month or two at most. Impatient as hell is all :)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Wait
The issues they're having are the kind that should of have been caught in proper beta testing. The fact they are having these kind of issues tells me they rushed it the out the door, in something you could be betting your life on that is a major no go.
My guess is that they created so much buzz at shot show that upper management said ship it now! Same thing happened to the R51
Last edited by WLJ on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm

I heard the glock 19 gen 4(?) had a lot of issues when it first came out also.
Do you happen to have any suggestions similar to that 365?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:25 pm

The G19 G4 issues was mainly to do with springs, easily fixed. The issues the 365 are having I'm not so sure. The primer drag sounds like a timing issue and the trigger bars breaking are either they made the bar too thin in trying to make the whole gun so thin with a double stack mag or metallurgy issues or both. The chips in the barrels could be timing, fit and finish, or ?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Closest thing I can think of off the top of my head with a double stack mag and still in the same size range is the Sccy CPX-1 (with safety) & CPX-2 (no safety) https://www.sccy.com/. They're on their 2nd or 3rd gen by now so I believe the bugs have been worked out. The trigger though you may not like, it is long and very heavy.
Otherwise in that size range you're looking at pretty much only single stacks at this point, PPS M2 would be my choice there.

I would say Rohrbaugh R9 but do you have $1,300 to spend? ;) But alas Remington bought them out and F'ed them up. FU Remington!

And BTW: FU Remington!

And in case you didn't heard me the first two times: FU Remington!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:44 pm

scrypyr wrote:I watched it, was a good vid. I went and shot one other day and it was wonderful. Just so nice...

Was just really hoping they would have these issues resolved soon and would start seeing them within a month or two at most. Impatient as hell is all :)
Well the G26 takes all double stack glock 9 mags, mags for 1/3 the price, has 50,000 holsters, every type of sight you could wish for, the feel of a full size gun, and the best reliability track record you could dream for so "g26 killer" isn't how I would describe the Sig. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:45 pm

So... FU Remington? Sending mixed signals :)
Might go back to the range tomorrow and shoot the PPS again.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:47 pm

scrypyr wrote:So... FU Remington? Sending mixed signals :)
Walther make some good pistols. WLJ got the p365 equivalent they offer (forget 3 letter combo they all have as a name) and everyone likes those. Pps i think.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 pm

I got shield 2.0 with laser built in and its great for carry and reliable after about 350rds of all the ammo i could think pf i buy and lots of hp but it shoots low. Looking for taller sights.....I think I will find bigfoot first smh.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
scrypyr wrote:I watched it, was a good vid. I went and shot one other day and it was wonderful. Just so nice...

Well the G26 takes all double stack glock 9 mags, mags for 1/3 the price, has 50,000 holsters, every type of sight you could wish for, the feel of a full size gun, and the best reliability track record you could dream for so "g26 killer" isn't how I would describe the Sig. To each their own.

I have tried to like the 26 so many times but I cant get into them. I have a 19 and like it a lot but want something smaller. It is weird I tried 5-6 friday and the 365 i shot just felt good if that makes sense. Maybe I could try the 26 again with some 124 or 147 gr and see if that helps(no idea been reading up recently one bullet weights and felt recoil(not a pro))

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:50 pm

scrypyr wrote:So... FU Remington? Sending mixed signals :)
As a happy owner of an R9 it burns me to watch Remington turn a finely tuned hand fitted Swiss watch of a gun into a slapped together cheap piece of S.
It's as if Chrysler bought out Ferrari and turned them into Dodge Neons
Last edited by WLJ on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 pm

scrypyr wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I have tried to like the 26 so many times but I cant get into them. I have a 19 and like it a lot but want something smaller. It is weird I tried 5-6 friday and the 365 i shot just felt good if that makes sense. Maybe I could try the 26 again with some 124 or 147 gr and see if that helps(no idea been reading up recently one bullet weights and felt recoil(not a pro))
Nah, if you don't like then you don't like. All the other options seem fine but the issues with the sig make me uncomfortable but I'm sure they will update or fix if you have a bad one that you can hopefully find out if it breaks in one extended range session and if it doesn't then cool, you got a winner.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 pm

I got several glocks and the bigger they get then the more i like shooting. I wear a size large glove but have thinner fingers and it kind of hits perfect at the G17 for me. The G21 is fine at the range and woods but the 17 fits so good in my hand and I shot classes with it considerably better than the 19's I took but the 19 is my most carried for sure.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:22 pm

MIM trigger parts made in India, front sight cuts not in spec with the sights installed, slide peening and more!!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:39 pm

They do shoot really nice. Shame they put them out before they were really finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:39 am

Another suggestion is an M&P compact First Gen, not the second Gen, with the flush mount mag. With the second gen they enlarged the compact to G19 size, a mistake IMHO.
It's about the same height and length as the Shield but a bit wider with a double stack mag.
I carry one in 357sig

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by irishrob » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

If you still want one.
4031ADD5-E885-40B5-8CF3-69591F266262.jpeg

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Tim with MAC bought a 2nd 365 and started having problems. You can find the video for the 2nd on youtube.
And now according to this video he just bought a 3rd.
Also according to this video Sig hate his guts.

https://youtu.be/4U5sPGhO9pw

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Full auto when dropped

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:10 am

Toddstang wrote:Full auto when dropped
That's standard equipment with new Sigs, not really a defect anymore!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 am

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”