Army Chooses Sig Sauer as Army's New Pistol

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Army Chooses Sig Sauer as Army's New Pistol

Post by WLJ » Sat May 06, 2017 8:51 am

Steyr Files Lawsuit Against SIG SAUER, Demands Injunction Against P320 for Patent Infringement
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... army-p320/
Today’s complication comes from Steyr Arms, who claim that they have a patent on the removable chassis system that makes the P320 (and P250) series handguns unique.
Unique? Off the top of my head I can think of at least two Beretta models with that feature and one of them (Nano) has been out for a few years.

Edit: After a quick google search so does the Honor Guard and the Ruger American
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Sat May 06, 2017 1:00 pm

I handled a full-size P320 at the last gun show and it was way to large to be comfortable in my hands. It felt considerably larger than most full-size double stack .45acps. Not a fan at all. For that matter, the feel of any Sig. That's what makes the world awesome though, we all have different taste...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Sat May 06, 2017 1:53 pm

WLJ wrote:Steyr Files Lawsuit Against SIG SAUER, Demands Injunction Against P320 for Patent Infringement
Today’s complication comes from Steyr Arms, who claim that they have a patent on the removable chassis system that makes the P320 (and P250) series handguns unique.
Unique? Off the top of my head I can think of at least two Beretta models with that feature and one of them (Nano) has been out for a few years.

Edit: After a quick google search so does the Honor Guard and the Ruger American
No idea who is right or wrong here, but "They did it too!" has never been a strong defense.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat May 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:I call it here folks, the M9 will be missed just like the 1911.
I'm sure some will, but I certainly don't miss lugging around an obese pistol with a slide-mounted safety that switches itself off and on in the holster.

I never had one malfunction on me, and while that's a very good thing, it's the only nice thing I have to say about the gun.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sat May 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Just fondled the x5 at my LGS. Hole Lee Shit that is one perfect feeling gun. It is a p320, and then it isn't.
And the price was well below MSRP, if I didn't need it for folding holster over, it would have been adopted by me and given a forever home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Whootsinator wrote:
WLJ wrote:Steyr Files Lawsuit Against SIG SAUER, Demands Injunction Against P320 for Patent Infringement

No idea who is right or wrong here, but "They did it too!" has never been a strong defense.
Never said it was, I was critiquing the article.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Frailer wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:I call it here folks, the M9 will be missed just like the 1911.
I'm sure some will, but I certainly don't miss lugging around an obese pistol with a slide-mounted safety that switches itself off and on in the holster.

I never had one malfunction on me, and while that's a very good thing, it's the only nice thing I have to say about the gun.
The safety was the one issue I bitched about also.

Eventually I will install that G-mod kit on my M9.
That will clear up the safety issue.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by bigelowe » Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 am

I fondled the p320 carry at ECC. I kinda like it. That vtac looks real sweet
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun May 07, 2017 12:36 pm

What does the VTAC offer over the X-Five?

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Sun May 07, 2017 1:39 pm

The VTAC is a different model of the x5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun May 07, 2017 1:44 pm

I see it uses the X-Five frame, but lacks the RDS capabilities and uses a traditional dovetailed rear sight. Is there anything else?

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 pm

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/16/so ... un-update/
SOFIC – SIG’s M17 & M18 Modular Handgun Update
When we recently reported that the 101st Abn Div and other Fort Campbell, Kentucky-based tenant units would be the first units equipped with the US Army’s new Modular Handgun System, there seems to be confusion by commenters over which model of pistol units would receive. The 4.7″ barrel M17 is similar to the full size P320 and will be the standard pistol. The Compact M18 features a 3.9″ barrel and will replace the M11, known commercially as the SIG P229.

Above you can see precisely how the M17 will be shipped to the Army. Below, is the M18.

Currently, the pistol features a anti-tamper device so Soldiers can’t swap out frames on their own. However, the Army is considering removing this feature and replacing it with a standard commercial fastener. An additional anti-tamper device prevents Soldiers from accessing the striker mechanism.
Images are too large to embed, click the link.

Basically the M18 will be one of those guns no one ever sees. Technically my unit is supposed to have M11's... Pretty sure we don't actually have them. Cool to see that the guns will be delivered with all of the frames. I'm not sure how I feel about the anti-tamper features. The striker components legitimately don't need to be messed with, no need to have user-level access, but the frames should be user configurable or they're just going to end up lost and never actually swapped for best fit.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue May 16, 2017 7:36 pm

I have not yet tried the small grip. Mine came with a medium, and I bought a large grip frame from Midway.

The medium handles well and would fit almost anybody pretty easily. I prefer the large grip, even with my smaller than average hands.

The difference between the medium and the large is hard to eyeball, though it is more noticeable to the hand. The texture SIG has applied to the grip surfaces is pretty nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Whootsinator wrote:http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/16/so ... un-update/
SOFIC – SIG’s M17 & M18 Modular Handgun Update
When we recently reported that the 101st Abn Div and other Fort Campbell, Kentucky-based tenant units would be the first units equipped with the US Army’s new Modular Handgun System, there seems to be confusion by commenters over which model of pistol units would receive. The 4.7″ barrel M17 is similar to the full size P320 and will be the standard pistol. The Compact M18 features a 3.9″ barrel and will replace the M11, known commercially as the SIG P229.

Above you can see precisely how the M17 will be shipped to the Army. Below, is the M18.

Currently, the pistol features a anti-tamper device so Soldiers can’t swap out frames on their own. However, the Army is considering removing this feature and replacing it with a standard commercial fastener. An additional anti-tamper device prevents Soldiers from accessing the striker mechanism.
Images are too large to embed, click the link.

Basically the M18 will be one of those guns no one ever sees. Technically my unit is supposed to have M11's... Pretty sure we don't actually have them. Cool to see that the guns will be delivered with all of the frames. I'm not sure how I feel about the anti-tamper features. The striker components legitimately don't need to be messed with, no need to have user-level access, but the frames should be user configurable or they're just going to end up lost and never actually swapped for best fit.
M11 is the p228. :llama:
I would like to see an anti tamper feature that will keep soldiers from swapping the frames. LOL

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am

Has anyone seen any info on civilian model release? ...with the safety.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 am

I haven't and don't expect to for quite some time

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 am

Let it go already

ARMY Says MHS Is OVER, Glock Exploring Other Options
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... g-options/

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:49 am

There will be a storage cage in the back of an orderly room with a foot locker in it that the additional frames will end up in. If they do not get lost.

One week after issue, how much you want to bet frames will show up at the local pawn shops off Post.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:42 pm

BREAKING: SIG SAUER Offers Voluntary Trigger Upgrade for P320 Pistols
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... 0-pistols/

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 pm

So is Sig German for Taurus?

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:18 pm

LMAO!
New Sigs, seem like it.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Not sure what the appeal to these is. I handled one at the last gun show I went to and didn't like them at all... Grip was too large, it felt larger than most double stack .45acp pistols. I've never handled or shot a Sig that I really like. Not bashing them, they are just not for me. I'd like to check out the X5/X5 V-TAC though. Grip looks like it would be more fitting to me. Hard to say just by looking though.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Image

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 am

Oh shit! There are crazy amount of videos showing Sigs firing. That is not going to be good for business.

Beretta's issue that people still talk about was not the sidearms fault, but actually the ammunition. That M9A3 is looking sweeter.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”