HiPower ID?

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

HiPower ID?

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:36 pm

I had a chance to play with the old HiPower I picked up and plan to pick up some sights (rear sight was missing) and probably replace some springs. How do I identify what variant to buy for? When I search for FM HiPower it's asking me FM HiPower or FM 95 HiPower. How do I tell? Will the parts for all the variants of the FN work on this FM? Also, any opinions on BH Solutions spring kits? Thanks ahead for any info! ImageImage

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: HiPower ID?

Post by Niceguy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:18 pm

I hear crickets...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:03 pm

FM means Argentine, right? The external ejector and roweled hammer were the standard in Argentina if memory serves.

The dinky, one sided safety was on earlier models, while the 95 had the extended ambi safety. Also, the front sight on the 95 was dovetailed, while earlier ones were integral to the slide (I think).

Given the above, I would say yours is FM 90 or earlier, not 95.

Being Argentine, it was made by license, so I would think most parts would be common. Others can answer this with more certainty than I. As I recall, the Hungarian hi powers were not made under license, and some variants weren't really hi powers.

Regarding the sights, one option is to send the slide to Novak to install them. I have read great reviews of their quality and service, with turnaround time not being terribly long.

SOMEWHERE around here I have the late Stephen A Camp's book on hi powers. He was sort of the BHP guru for a long time until his death. It is one of those spiral bound, self published books, and not something you can find on Amazon. I will hunt around for it and see if it has any recommendations.

Regarding BH Spring Solutions, I have not used them yet myself, but their kits have received hi praise in hi power circles (see what I did there LOL?) I haven't replaced any springs on my hi powers, but when I do it will be BHSS.

Hope this little bit helps ya, Johnny :)
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 pm

It is Argentinian. This one is a funky RH safety and front sight is integral to the side so if definetly say you are correct. Thanks for the info...

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”