CZ P10 Striker Fired Handgun

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: CZ P10 Striker Fired Handgun

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Yeah, they way I look at it if this experiment fails it'll be easy to sell off and grab a G19. I won't be getting rid of Glock, either.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:26 pm

CZ Rep says Mil/LE purchase program users should expect about 60 days after ordering. Historically, black standard models have come in before FDE/suppressor models, and that's what they expect with the P10.

Standard model should be brought into the country January/February, with FDE and suppressor models sometime Q1 2017. It sounds to me like they're waiting on Import stuff from the US. If it was just manufacturing, they would know with more accuracy when they'd be ready. It's hard to estimate when the US gov will get you what you need, though.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Niceguy wrote:
DDgunslinger wrote:Meh...
Haha If all else fails, I'll have a brand new $350-375 Gen4 G19 at Allen's Thursday... :)
ill take one at that price! Lol

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Haha If all else fails, I'll have a brand new $350-375 Gen4 G19 at Allen's Thursday... :)
That is much more interesting

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:45 pm

ssracer wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
ill take one at that price! Lol
PSA deal. $575.49 to the door with 20 15rd magpul mags. Took me 4 days of refreshing their sales ad on my phone every 2-5 minutes to catch it...haha

Bama

Post by Bama » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:05 pm

This guy will have a mold gun as soon as they are available. Owner of MM has first call at 3 gun stores in his area when they arrive.
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Bama wrote:This guy will have a mold gun as soon as they are available. Owner of MM has first call at 3 gun stores in his area when they arrive.
Military arms channel says they'll work in most any G17/22/19/23 holster... That will be awesome!
Owner of MM?

Bama

Post by Bama » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:09 pm

I don't know if they will work. Personally I don't want a holster that works for x gun but made for y.
MM is one of the largest gun mold companies.
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:57 am

Niceguy wrote:
Bama wrote:This guy will have a mold gun as soon as they are available. Owner of MM has first call at 3 gun stores in his area when they arrive.
Military arms channel says they'll work in most any G17/22/19/23 holster... That will be awesome!
Owner of MM?
It may fit, but you won't get the retention... at least not with Kydex anyway.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:58 am

Bama wrote: Personally I don't want a holster that works for x gun but made for y.
MM is one of the largest gun mold companies.
And this

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 am

I'm definitely not beyond buying a new holster...haha I'm just going by the MAC review if it. Apparently CZ is directly going after the Glock market and designed it specifically so it would. If it works, awesome! I have a half a dozen nice G19/17/34 holsters. If it doesn't, I'll gladly give Bama some more business...

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:17 am

You'll give me more business regardless of how many you have, damnit.

:llama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:22 am

Hahaha You're probably right...

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Owner of MM?
It may fit, but you won't get the retention... at least not with Kydex anyway.
14m21s, retention seems to be pretty spot on. It's my GUESS that any holster using the ejection port as the point of retention will work equally well on the P10 and G19. Holsters using a trigger guard retention I'd expect to rattle a bit, but still retain.

I'm NOT a dude that accepts "just as good as" as an answer. I think there's a difference between purposefully making it compatible with a G19 holster and it just happening to sort of work. I don't see much of a practical difference in a holster being designed to fit a gun and a gun specifically being designed to fit a holster. Both should work.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:08 pm

My thoughts exactly...

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:54 pm

nah

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 pm

One local gun store chain plans to sell at $500ish. Gunmeisters, a small locally owned non-chain shop didn't know anything about them but looked it up on the spot when I asked about it and got excited for it. He typically sells for 10% over cost. I expect his price to be $460 - $475.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm on a list at Kygunco and Glaubers. They both said they have no idea when, that CZ isn't telling them anything..

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm

just wait for it, don't pay the huge new guy fee

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:34 pm

I'll never pay stupid prices... I just can't bring myself to do that. I may pay a little extra for something I really want, never a lot to much no matter how bad I want something.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Niceguy wrote:I'm on a list at Kygunco and Glaubers. They both said they have no idea when, that CZ isn't telling them anything..
Yeah, like I mentioned before I don't think CZ can say anything. I think they're waiting for import stuff, which would be hard for them to estimate.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 pm

CZ P10C Suppressor Ready and 7 mags on the way to my local FFL... so hopefully I'll have it by early March.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:44 pm

The first black production model has landed, and I know of at least on other person getting theirs tomorrow.

Video is dumb, just a "look, I have this" video. Don't expect any new info, just posted as a source.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:43 am

I've heard of one person's production FDE version arriving tomorrow, so maybe everything is being released at once like they originally said.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:52 am

Review on production FDE model from Texaspo:
Ok so a brief rundown, I really, really, like this thing. I have handled a ton of striker pistols over the past several years, and this one has really blown me away. It is virtually the same size as my 19, with the backstrap and slide being only slightly longer. The back strap being longer is a good thing, IMO, it fills my palm perfectly. That solves the gripe I have about the g19 grip and it being a tad to abbreviated for me. I can shoot it just fine, but much prefer the extended grip.

The slide being slightly longer isn't a big deal either, as the added length is in the rear of the P10, and sits over the web of the hand. This no doubt attributes to the reported flat shooting characteristics of the P10. Again the difference isn't much between the P10 and 19, and will be un noticeable when carrying.

The overall feel of the P10 is something that you will have to try. It is the most naturally feeling handgun I have held, it feels a bit like the VP9, or P30 grip. The texturing on the front and back straps is aggressive, and some will likely find it a bit too much.. This is easily remedied with some fine sandpaper and lightly rubbing it over the texture. I personally like it, and IMO it's nice to have something that is excessive for some, but can be fixed easily, rather than something with out enough grip. The grip itself is quite thin, and it feels it, and that's a good thing. I honestly can't see anyone not liking the way this gun feels. When I present the pistol using a two handed grip with my eyes closed, the sights are on target every time.

The internals on the P10 look seriously over engineered. Everything you can see looks like it was built for a tank, not a handgun. The trigger bar, and sear is one complete piece, much like the glock. The trigger bars moves rearward, and it reaches a point where it hits a ledge and is pushed down releasing the striker. Yes it function like a glock as the striker is only partially cocked when the slide cycles. Pulling the trigger completes the firing cycle.

The take up on the trigger is light, and just from dry firing has smooth out considerably since I first tried it. They have achieved this light take up by using dual trigger return springs. From what I can tell as Randy Lee of Apex stated, it appears the trigger weight can be lowered or raised by replacing those two springs. Personally I find the trigger pull perfect. It actually doesn't feel as light as the PPQ, but the break is much cleaner. Again this pistol is new and hasn't been shot. I suspect it will improve with shooting, although I like it as is. There is no overtravel at all, and that lends itself to the front sight staying perfectly still when the striker releases. The reset on this thing is ridiculous. It is the shortest reset I have seen on a striker gun. It is very glock like, very audible and tactile. If you like Glock triggers, your going to love this trigger, hands down.

The pistol feels very well put together. Nothing rattles, no excessive play anywhere, fitment is very glock like. There are no machine marks anywhere on the slide, inside or out. The finish is very uniformed and dark black. I'm going to try and go out and shoot it a bit tomorrow so I can comment on accuracy, function, and how it tracks with recoil. (I'll give a range report once I shoot it.)

At this point I can honestly say if the P10 is reliable, and as accurate as has been reported, this very well may replace my Glock. I have for a long time jotted down ideas about what I would want in a striker pistol. The P10 is very close to my ideal striker pistol. I can honestly say I can't think of a single thing on here I would change. The only complaint I HAD was the magazine release was a bit difficult, but has smoothed out nicely and is very easy to use now.

Is the P10 a Glock killer?...it is not likely to kill glock anytime soon, but it could likely cut into glocks market place. I know glock has a huge aftermarket, but there isn't anything the P10 needs other than maybe a set of night sights, and good duty holsters. That being said, if CZ can keep up with demand, and can get these out to more LE departments, they may just give glock a reason to step up their R&D. The P10 stands poised to at least take a bite out of the striker pie, and it may take a big piece. CZ did exactly what I suspected they set out to do....built a better Glock. There is no doubt after handling the P10 that CZ used the Glock as their starting point, and improved on it. Several officers handled the P10 here today and everyone of them said it "feels like a Glock, but better" and "where can I get one of those triggers".
Only time will tell how it will do long term, but CZ has a pretty good record overall and I see no reason why the P10 will fall short on anything.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”