New from Smith & Wesson: M&P45 Shield

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri May 20, 2016 10:03 am

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/0 ... 45-shield/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: New from Smith & Wesson: M&P45 Shield

Post by Toddstang » Fri May 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Smith and Wesson booth was packed around this at the show. I'm not big on small barrel 45's.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by dbh » Fri May 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Toddstang wrote:Smith and Wesson booth was packed around this at the show. I'm not big on small barrel 45's.
It was packed.....but I brought the average age down when I walked in....and I'm no spring chicken!

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by bigelowe » Fri May 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Its,just a little bigger than the 9mm shield. Not really something I'm interested in. Stippling on frame is different as in more agressive,sandpaper like.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 73 times

Post by iron369 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm one of the few people on the planet that doesn't like the shield. I'd be interested in getting this in my hand though.
Using Tapatalk

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:54 pm

iron369 wrote:I'm one of the few people on the planet that doesn't like the shield. I'd be interested in getting this in my hand though.
Ditto, and would not be interested. I didn't even go into their booth as the only thing I like that they have is classic revolvers.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Fri May 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Image1463794740.780644.jpg

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri May 20, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm a huge Shield fan, not sure about that though...

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by iron369 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:06 am

The intentional (what looks like) tooling marks on the bottom front of the slide look terrible. It really makes it look like somebody tried to mod their gun in the garage after a 12-pack of Falls City.
Using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 21, 2016 7:32 am

iron369 wrote:The intentional (what looks like) tooling marks on the bottom front of the slide look terrible. It really makes it look like somebody tried to mod their gun in the garage after a 12-pack of Falls City.
Are you referring to the curved cut in the bottom of the front fish scales? If so that's a cutout for the breakdown lever to rotate into to when the slide is locked back.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by iron369 » Sat May 21, 2016 8:22 am

WLJ wrote:
iron369 wrote:The intentional (what looks like) tooling marks on the bottom front of the slide look terrible. It really makes it look like somebody tried to mod their gun in the garage after a 12-pack of Falls City.
Are you referring to the curved cut in the bottom of the front fish scales? If so that's a cutout for the breakdown lever to rotate into to when the slide is locked back.
No. I was referring to the fish scales. I don't like the look at all. It may have a practical function, but it's not appealing visually to me. Looks kind of like when a drill bit breaks off and the end attached to the drill skips across the metal.
Using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 21, 2016 8:24 am

iron369 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
No. I was referring to the fish scales. I don't like the look at all. It may have a practical function, but it's not appealing visually to me. Looks kind of like when a drill bit breaks off and the end attached to the drill skips across the metal.
Got it.
Now that you have described it that way they do

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by bigelowe » Sat May 21, 2016 8:29 am

Probably for all those ppl who like to rack the slide with there hand in front of the muzzle.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 21, 2016 5:25 pm

iron369 wrote:I'm one of the few people on the planet that doesn't like the shield. I'd be interested in getting this in my hand though.
I don't either. The grip is way too thin. I held the 45 and it was skinny feeling as well. I like bigger grips around. I have longer hands but not fat fingers. Most things fit me but not the sheild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 22, 2016 4:07 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
I don't either. The grip is way too thin. I held the 45 and it was skinny feeling as well. I like bigger grips around. I have longer hands but not fat fingers. Most things fit me but not the sheild.

Try holding an M&P compact, the double stack mag makes it sort of like a thicker shield.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Try holding an M&P compact, the double stack mag makes it sort of like a thicker shield.
That sounds better though I have no want for them. Props to them though for being American made and competing. Just not my flavor.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 22, 2016 4:15 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

That sounds better though I have no want for them. Props to them though for being American made and competing. Just not my flavor.

To each their own. I just happened to pick up my M&P C 357sig and it made me think of your post.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:16 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

To each their own. I just happened to pick up my M&P C 357sig and it made me think of your post.
Exactly. Choices.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 22, 2016 4:20 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Exactly. Choices.

No Jack, you have no choice. You will go out and buy a M&P C because the Supreme Llama commands you to.

:llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:21 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Exactly. Choices.

No Jack, you have no choice. You will go out and buy a M&P C because the Supreme Llama commands you to.

Ordered.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Exactly. Choices.

Ordered.

The Supreme Llama has put the Narn Bat Squad on hold. For now.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun May 22, 2016 7:32 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

That's a cool pistol... If I ever picked up a M&P compact, that would be at the top of my list. Cool gun, cool round!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Niceguy wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

That's a cool pistol... If I ever picked up a M&P compact, that would be at the top of my list. Cool gun, cool round!
Except they stopped making M&Ps in 357sig :(

But you can get the 40 and buy the conversion barrel. :)

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”