Beretta isn't good?

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Big Dave
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Beretta isn't good?

Post by Big Dave » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 pm

I own 3 Beretta's. I have a PX4 subcompact .40 I've been trying to sell or trade brand new and never been fired. Every time its offered to someone its been denied.. I don't get it. I have a 92 and another px4 that are perfect shooters.

But I swear every person with a glock is a ignorant fanboy and down talk my pistol. Sure glocks are good guns. They're not great they lack a lot of features but they're realible. They are not the be all end all of fucking handguns. Sorry I just wanted to rant some. I don't know why people hate on beretta. They make quality firearms just like glock or Sig. Hell they've had military contracts for 2 decades.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Beretta isn't good?

Post by Wyldman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Nothing wrong with Berettas, save that they price them like Sigs & H&K's.

That said, I own at least 1 of all 3 of the above mentioned.

Welcome!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Is it the DAO version of the PX4?

That is the only PX4 I really hated. Trigger sucks.

Beretta generally makes a nice weapon though.

Welcome to the forum.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 pm

They lack an availability of affordable aftermarket accessories.

They've held the military contracts because.... well, no one really knows why, but it's not because there's nothing better. I don't have anything against Beretta, but if they were so great all the veterans would be keeping 92's in their personal collections and the PD's around the country would still be using them.

Maybe the military doesn't want to spend part of their budget on secondary firearm when they've already got plenty in inventory and many members can't be/are not trusted with firearm lacking a manual safety. There are plenty of ND's even with the manual safety.
Height Supremacist

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Big Dave wrote:I own 3 Beretta's. I have a PX4 subcompact .40 I've been trying to sell or trade brand new and never been fired. Every time its offered to someone its been denied.. I don't get it. I have a 92 and another px4 that are perfect shooters.

But I swear every person with a glock is a ignorant fanboy and down talk my pistol. Sure glocks are good guns. They're not great they lack a lot of features but they're realible. They are not the be all end all of fucking handguns. Sorry I just wanted to rant some. I don't know why people hate on beretta. They make quality firearms just like glock or Sig. Hell they've had military contracts for 2 decades.

92FS
PX4F fullsize
CX4
I Love Beretta, would have more if could afford to.

Seem to be a lot of Glock fans on here, zero Glocks myself.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I have nothing against Beretta. But I do against 40 caliber. It's the Bastard child of the .45 and 9mm. :-)
I have the CX4 and it's a blast to shoot.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Glock fan here, IMO there is no better option, but i suspect that glocks having such a fan base has very little to do with why you cant sell or trade your beretta. If you offer it for the right price im sure there are tons of people who would jump on it.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Not a glock fan (see the sig line) but I have a few in 9mm, .45, and 10mm

I do not like the .40 cartridge at all either, just a preference so I don't own one.

I have quite a few berettas and have two 92s and two 84s right now and really like them, accurate as hell and work better for me than a glock. I have had the 9mm version of the storm and the stoeger cougar (essentially the same gun made in turkey under a company owned by beretta). I thought they were ok but in my mind they were ugly and odd shaped and bulkier. Just my opinion.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 pm

I hear a lot of people say they don't like 40. I think its alright. 9mm just doesn't have the punch I like and without buying a 1911 I don't know if I would like a compact 45.

Using Tapatalk

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Hell I paid 550 for the beretta and offered it as low as 425. I dunno just no luck.

Using Tapatalk

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:14 pm

I had a gun store locally offer me 300 and that made me cry inside. Lol

Using Tapatalk

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:28 am

A gun store has to low ball on their offer because they need to turn around and sell it at a profit. I wouldn't take that one too personally.

I like Barettas. Love my 96A1. And I also prefer the .40 round. It's a bit cheaper to shoot than the .45 and 9mms just go bang and are boring.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:15 am

Big Dave wrote:I had a gun store locally offer me 300 and that made me cry inside. Lol

I keep up with prices pretty well and the one reason they went to making the cougar was that the storm was way too expensive for people. It was trying to be sold for like 600 or so dollars. The article below talks a little bit about it. The company sent it to their Stoeger division and made it in Turkey and was able to offer it much cheaper. This made mags a little easier to get and gave you virtually the same gun for way below the originals price. THis is likely one reason that you can't get more for your gun. I actually bought a stoeger cougar with 5 mags from a dealer for $325 out the door. I shot it, it was accurate, but again it was ugly and bulky in my mind. Some dealers may not equate that there is a difference in the two and that to be competitive you have to buy them cheap to sell them cheap. If you are in Louisville, no one really gives you good money out of trade-ins from my experience.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2010/11/02/f ... rb_071807/

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:20 am

Calling all Glock owners ignorant fan boys isn't a great way to make friends.

I owns Glocks and really, really like them. I also own an M9 and while it's a great shooter it's not a pistol that I will use for anything for but range time. The weight of the pistol when loaded is way too much for me to carry it comfortably.

Welcome to KAC also.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 am

Livewire wrote:Calling all Glock owners ignorant fan boys isn't a great way to make friends.

I owns Glocks and really, really like them. I also own an M9 and while it's a great shooter it's not a pistol that I will use for anything for but range time. The weight of the pistol when loaded is way too much for me to carry it comfortably.

Welcome to KAC also.
Understatement, thought you had a glock warehouse there.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 am

Big Dave wrote:I own 3 Beretta's. I have a PX4 subcompact .40 I've been trying to sell or trade brand new and never been fired. Every time its offered to someone its been denied.. I don't get it. I have a 92 and another px4 that are perfect shooters.

First off, welcome to KAC.

Second, Glock hasn't gained it's popularity because of ignorant fan boys. The Glock pistol has been put through the ringer time and again. It has proven it's worth as a reliable combat pistols that can stand up to some serious abuse. Thus the reason many people choose them to bet their life on. Granted, I will state with any weapon system/manufacturer within the industry there will be fanboys that will preach whatever just because it's the new hot shit.

Third, I am not a Beretta fan by any means, more specifically I am not a fan of the M9. I've had just about a decade worth of experience with them and have legitimately run them in some seriously bad environments. The M9 is the only pistol that I can say that I've had consistently out of battery. It does not like extreme cold weather and is prone to breakage with hard use. I'm not down playing your pistol, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Finally, There are a lot of great pistols out there, and a million reasons to love/hate them. Find something you like, train with it and quit giving a shit about what other people thing. In the end training trumps the roll mark on your slide. Anyway, just my .02
Last edited by DDgunslinger on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:37 am

I have the 92 and carbine. Love them both.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 am

Glocks are just a fad anyway, they'll soon pass into oblivion like the 1911 did.

:llama:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:54 am

and one more comment I have is that, just because you paid a certain amount for a gun doesn't mean it is worth that and that you have to get the same amount out of the gun.

If you overpaid then you shouldn't get bent out of joint when you can't get the same amount back. For instance, if you sell a used car, lawnmower, tv, or whatever it be, do you expect to get the same amount you paid for it new or even before you used it? Not exactly but for whatever reason people seem to think that the 1200 dollar AR they bought new at Buds, they should get 1200 back out of.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 am

Not a fan of beretta's. worked on several and just don't like the way they are setup.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 am

Not a fan of beretta's. worked on several and just don't like the way they are setup.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Harb

Post by Harb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:19 am

Tyler wrote:I don't have anything against Beretta, but if they were so great all the veterans would be keeping 92's in their personal collections and the PD's around the country would still be using them.
I thought it wasn't legal for veterans to keep any of their service weapons?

And to the OP, I like Glocks as well as Sigs, HK, and Beretta. Just can't afford them all. The only gun in .40 S&W I ever liked was my friend's Beretta 96 with improved recoil spring.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 am

I like the low slide weight of the 92 and how the barrel travels straight back before tilting.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

Carried a 92 while on active, it was alright. Rounds on target, but I will not buy one for personal use.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:38 am

Harb wrote:
Tyler wrote:I don't have anything against Beretta, but if they were so great all the veterans would be keeping 92's in their personal collections and the PD's around the country would still be using them.
I thought it wasn't legal for veterans to keep any of their service weapons?

And to the OP, I like Glocks as well as Sigs, HK, and Beretta. Just can't afford them all. The only gun in .40 S&W I ever liked was my friend's Beretta 96 with improved recoil spring.
That's not what Tyler meant, what he is saying is that if M9s were liked by vets... We would go out and buy one for civilian use to have in our personal collection.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”