Most idiotic gun accessory ever conceived?

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Most idiotic gun accessory ever conceived?

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:46 am

"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Most idiotic gun accessory ever conceived?

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Uhmm
Ok
My fingers still work

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Wtf
Height Supremacist

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:36 pm

I am guessing none of you has ever someone with weak hands trying to rack a slide?

last gun I gave my dad was an lcp (that he had really wanted) but in 4 months time (from when he got it), he had gone downhill so fast he was unable to rack the slide. He could have pushed on it with his body weight and done it with this thing but that wouldn't have been in an emergency. Same with a lightweight woman who may have trouble doing it as well.

just my thoughts on it.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:45 pm

I have a good friend who cannot rack a slide. her husband bought her a revolver because of it. This may have helped her been able to rack an auto...
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:06 pm

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rack a slide like a girl

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

BIGC wrote:I have a good friend who cannot rack a slide. her husband bought her a revolver because of it. This may have helped her been able to rack an auto...

My wife had issues with the slide on semi autos. She believed it was a strength issue. It was an intimidation issue.

As with most spouses, she listened to my instruction and never heard it. Once she heard EXACTLY what I said coming from someone else (an infamous RWI instructor) she took it to heart. No more slide issues.

If you are medically impaired and cannot rack the slide on a semi auto this might be something cool for a range fun times, but if you plan on having this available for practical / defense use you are probably setting yourself up for failure. You may want to consider other alternatives.

Case in point: My mother in law cannot physically rack the slide with both hands due to limited mobility of her support hand. We worked on one-handed slide operation and she gets the concept but was far more comfortable (and actually shot better) with a revolver.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:19 pm

perfect for the one armed man or woman

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:
BIGC wrote:I have a good friend who cannot rack a slide. her husband bought her a revolver because of it. This may have helped her been able to rack an auto...

My wife had issues with the slide on semi autos. She believed it was a strength issue. It was an intimidation issue.

As with most spouses, she listened to my instruction and never heard it. Once she heard EXACTLY what I said coming from someone else (an infamous RWI instructor) she took it to heart. No more slide issues.

If you are medically impaired and cannot rack the slide on a semi auto this might be something cool for a range fun times, but if you plan on having this available for practical / defense use you are probably setting yourself up for failure. You may want to consider other alternatives.

Case in point: My mother in law cannot physically rack the slide with both hands due to limited mobility of her support hand. We worked on one-handed slide operation and she gets the concept but was far more comfortable (and actually shot better) with a revolver.
My thoughts are that it would be good for someone who lived alone who had a semi-auto with a lighter trigger. If they needed to load or unload the weapon themself (not in a hurry, but as a preparedness issue) then they could benefit from this.

Revolvers are good but the DA triggers can be tough on old/weak fingers and similar ability to cock the hammer. Those are just my thoughts of a good scenario for the product. goes back to watching the tom cruise movie where he is the officer with one arm and racks the slide of his pistol on the edge of a table.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by 86 slo-vo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:01 pm

If you can't rack a slide of an auto... You don't need an auto. What are you going to do if you have a malfunction? Say hold up let me grab my handy racker?
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 pm

86 slo-vo wrote:If you can't rack a slide of an auto... You don't need an auto. What are you going to do if you have a malfunction? Say hold up let me grab my handy racker?
How is a one armed person going to reload a revolver as easy as a auto

Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
86 slo-vo wrote:If you can't rack a slide of an auto... You don't need an auto. What are you going to do if you have a malfunction? Say hold up let me grab my handy racker?
Carry 2 revolvers! :D

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
Learn to use your belt.

A handy racker isn't going to do you much good anywhere but sitting at a table.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:25 pm

86 slo-vo wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:
Learn to use your belt.

A handy racker isn't going to do you much good anywhere but sitting at a table.
meh, there is chair molding, door frames, door edging, cabinets..all you need is an edge. If you have a 17 round mag, you probably don't need much else.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Just buy a movie gun they never run out

its amazing I did this using tapatalk!

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm

A few of my many-great grandfathers could only fire one shot at a time. And we're independent of England today as a result.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Every situation is going to be different. Evaluate, weigh the pros and cons and come up with a plan and practice.

In my mother in laws case there is a very real possibility that she will limp wrist that firearm if she ever needs to use it under stress and then it becomes a blunt weapon in her hand because she cannot clear the jam.

If she hated the revolver or could not shoot it well then we would have worked out something else. She did better with the revolver with one hand than she did two handed with the 9mm semi auto. Problem solved. her support hand is not completely useless, just weak and limited dexterity. She can manipulate a speed loader if she needs to. Hopefully she will never need either the gun or the speed loader.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”