New player in the single stack game?

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

New player in the single stack game?

Post by ssracer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 am

Saw this on the FB yesterday. Looks like an interesting little pistol.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/best-f ... d-new-gun/

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: New player in the single stack game?

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 am

"One of the more subtle features has to do with take-down. You don’t have to pull the trigger to take the gun down. While we highly suggest unloading your firearm before you attempt to field strip it, some shooters get a bit lax and try to take down their pistols with a round in the pipe. If you have to pull the trigger to get the slide to release, this presents a serious safety issue. Bonus points for the Honor Guard."

lots of different guns have lots of different methods of take down. It would appear that comparing this gun, to the wildly popular Glock, is a "thing" for this author.

I would not mind trying out a new gun. I like guns. But you know what else I like? Not promoting being lax when handling a firearm. Ever. EVER.

There is only so much you can do with mechanical and "Idiot-proofing". How about we teach friends and family proper handling skills, proper safety procedures and not get anyone shot when they clean a firearm regardless of the take down method?
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: New player in the single stack game?

Post by PDM » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:43 am

looks very m&p-ish along with the sear disconnect to avoid the dreaded trigger pull takedown
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”