acr, msar, scar....

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

acr, msar, scar....

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:58 pm

So I'm a fan of the looks of all of these guns... But are they worth the price difference vs going with a $800 ar? I get that its a different gun but speaking function and accuracy... Are they worth the extra money for the cool looks? Thoughts please..

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: acr, msar, scar....

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 pm

head over to fnforum.net

there is a thread titled that

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Long story short IMHO.... No they are not.

However to be fair I still want a SCAR just because

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

acr, msar, scar....

Post by ssracer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:54 pm

I want a scar, but I want a 17

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:56 pm

SCAR is on my list.....
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

acr, msar, scar....

Post by etownguy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:03 pm

I want a acr and scar.....

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

acr, msar, scar....

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Want all three and need none. I don't see them being worth more in the price difference vs an AR per say as if you had to pick one rifle and one rifle only. I do however see the price difference in them being comparing apples to oranges in the fact that AR's are produced many places and using existing tooling for the last several years brings cost down vs newer designed rifles that are produced in way smaller batches. Some guys just like to have multiple toys/rifles and there is nothing wrong with that.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

acr, msar, scar....

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Depends on what you want them for and how you are fixed to purchase them. In my experience I prefer my Scars to ar's but I own both. Worth the money is relative term.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:52 pm

acr, msar, scar..
Really don't see the ACR & SCAR bringing anything to the table that an AR doesn't despite costing 2x as much. The MSAR is almost in another category being a bullpup, and also costs 2x as much, though to be fair no quality bullpup is cheap.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

acr, msar, scar....

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:58 pm

WLJ wrote:
acr, msar, scar..
Really don't see the ACR & SCAR bringing anything to the table that an AR doesn't despite costing 2x as much. The MSAR is almost in another category being a bullpup, and also costs 2x as much, though to be fair no quality bullpup is cheap.
Scar is piston system, quick change barrel, and folding stock to name a few. They shoot the same round but not really the same gun.

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 pm

I like the scar, but do I need a scar......probably not. Ar's work for me and at a fraction of the cost.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm

so sounds like a lot of "likes" for the higher end :).. I get the piston an quick change barrel thing BUT.... does the piston make it function THAT much better? and addressing the barrel thing, can't you get an AR upper for around the same price as the barrel replacement on the SCAR? I also understand the price as far as the higher end guys being limited as far as production vs the AR being produced by EVERYONE... I've never shot a scar or acr or msar (or any other bullpup) so I'm just trying to figure out the draw to the short of their flat out badassness :).. I mean will they out shoot an ar? Are they less problem prone? I ALSO realize when comparing them to high end AR's their price is not that much different and at that point I say go ACR or SCAR for the cool factor lol...

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:23 pm

shelbygoat wrote:head over to fnforum.net

there is a thread titled that

and now I'm going to go look at this :)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

acr, msar, scar....

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:25 pm

bigelowe wrote:I like the scar, but do I need a scar......probably not. Ar's work for me and at a fraction of the cost.
Do you "need" an AR? Have you ever needed an AR?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

acr, msar, scar....

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:30 pm

CCRBUM wrote:so sounds like a lot of "likes" for the higher end :).. I get the piston an quick change barrel thing BUT.... does the piston make it function THAT much better? and addressing the barrel thing, can't you get an AR upper for around the same price as the barrel replacement on the SCAR? I also understand the price as far as the higher end guys being limited as far as production vs the AR being produced by EVERYONE... I've never shot a scar or acr or msar (or any other bullpup) so I'm just trying to figure out the draw to the short of their flat out badassness :).. I mean will they out shoot an ar? Are they less problem prone? I ALSO realize when comparing them to high end AR's their price is not that much different and at that point I say go ACR or SCAR for the cool factor lol...
Just preference man that's all. You can buy a Ferrari for $150k or a mustang for $30k and put $30k in it to make it walk all over the Ferrari but in the end you are driving a Mustang still. Some people like to be different or just like the costlier product because it might be better to them.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm obviously going to need a range trip to shoot all of these side by side :)

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

acr, msar, scar....

Post by dbh » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I have never shot a gun and said "Gee, I wish I could change my barrel real fast"

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
CCRBUM wrote:so sounds like a lot of "likes" for the higher end :).. I get the piston an quick change barrel thing BUT.... does the piston make it function THAT much better? and addressing the barrel thing, can't you get an AR upper for around the same price as the barrel replacement on the SCAR? I also understand the price as far as the higher end guys being limited as far as production vs the AR being produced by EVERYONE... I've never shot a scar or acr or msar (or any other bullpup) so I'm just trying to figure out the draw to the short of their flat out badassness :).. I mean will they out shoot an ar? Are they less problem prone? I ALSO realize when comparing them to high end AR's their price is not that much different and at that point I say go ACR or SCAR for the cool factor lol...
Just preference man that's all. You can buy a Ferrari for $150k or a mustang for $30k and put $30k in it to make it walk all over the Ferrari but in the end you are driving a Mustang still. Some people like to be different or just like the costlier product because it might be better to them.
My thoughts as well.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

acr, msar, scar....

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 pm

dbh wrote:I have never shot a gun and said "Gee, I wish I could change my barrel real fast"
Never been in the military and needed to change an m60 bbl then. Lol

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

acr, msar, scar....

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
bigelowe wrote:I like the scar, but do I need a scar......probably not. Ar's work for me and at a fraction of the cost.
Do you "need" an AR? Have you ever needed an AR?
In civilian world. No.
Nor do I need 10 ar's or 4 1911s or really two of anything. It's cool or I like them. It is all about what someone either wants or has a perceived need A good chance to try a bunch of different guns is at one of the shoots at new haven.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

acr, msar, scar....

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 pm

dbh wrote:I have never shot a gun and said "Gee, I wish I could change my barrel real fast"
Not the point of it helping specifically, I was naming a few of the things that separated it from an AR when the question was asked of what is different for the money.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

I think the msar is worth it. Or at least has the potential to be worth it. It offers sbr feel without the cost, hassle, and travel restrictions. Its ease of breaking down for cleaning or parts replacement has value too.

If only they had a .300blk barrel

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 pm

justang1997 wrote:I think the msar is worth it. Or at least has the potential to be worth it. It offers sbr feel without the cost, hassle, and travel restrictions. Its ease of breaking down for cleaning or parts replacement has value too.

If only they had a .300blk barrel
It's listed as up and coming in their new catalog.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 am

I own a SCAR16s. Did I sell my ARs, no. Does it make the 5.56 round shoot better, no. Did I want one, was the right oppurtunity to buy one, and I had the means to get one...fuck yes.

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:31 am

With anything new like the rifles mentioned, you are paying for development over something existing like an ar. So on a dollar per oz of awesomeness scale the ar is going to be a better bargain..at least for awhile...unless they get banned then youll wish you bought one now....good luck op

Return to “Other Rifles”