I want a carbine

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

I want a carbine

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:26 am

I want a carbine chambered in 9mm due to ammo availability/cost, I'm waffling back and forth between the Ruger PC Carbine and the Berette CX4 storm.

Goals: A 9mm range carbine that's fun and also a reasonable home defense weapon(and think hi point carbines are butt ugly). I think both guns provide that. Both have excellent reviews.

Opinions and reasons?

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: I want a carbine

Post by nemo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:52 am

A bit on the pricey side, I've been looking at this one for a while.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr- ... 9mm-rifle/
Attachments
kalah9.jpg
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:15 am

nemo wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:52 am
A bit on the pricey side, I've been looking at this one for a while.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr- ... 9mm-rifle/
That's pretty nice looking but so far as looks go, I like the more future tech than mad Russian look in guns. I always go for plastic (accept on the 1911 of course).

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:15 am

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion- ... 1-carbine/

If you can got cash this might be good. Or Get the pistol version and SBR it.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:23 am

The PC9 Carbine and CX storm are both great shooting PC's! The PC9 suppresses well also, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try a threaded CX Storm. AR9's are pretty sweet also and you can basically buy/build them any way you want. AR9 and PC9 using Glock mags are SUPER handy and convenient since the mags are cheap, available and absolutely work...
If you never plan to suppress it, that aero survival pistol WLJ has shoots nice also and is a VERY cool concept, it just doesn't suppress well. Sub2K isn't a terrible option either, but also is shitty suppressed.

That KR-9 looks pretty also also Nemo! Buy it so I can try it...haha

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:44 am

Niceguy wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:23 am
The PC9 Carbine and CX storm are both great shooting PC's! The PC9 suppresses well also, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try a threaded CX Storm. AR9's are pretty sweet also and you can basically buy/build them any way you want. AR9 and PC9 using Glock mags are SUPER handy and convenient since the mags are cheap, available and absolutely work...
If you never plan to suppress it, that aero survival pistol WLJ has shoots nice also and is a VERY cool concept, it just doesn't suppress well. Sub2K isn't a terrible option either, but also is shitty suppressed.

I have never cared about suppression. I am intentionally avoiding black rifles and ones that look like them. My wife does not like guns(especially the self firing black ones) but has encouraged the hobby nonetheless. I feel the PC9 is more hunting rifle looking and the CX4 is FDE and more space laser looking. I promised I wouldn't get another AR. I'd actually have preferred a nice 45 cal Henry Lever gun but 9mm is the easiest sourced handgun ammo without paying too much and 9mm can't do levers :(

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:51 am

Have had a CX4 in 9mm for 10 or more years and it's on my top 3 guns that I own list.
When you buy one you usually have choice of it using PX4 or 92 mags though you can change the mag well sleeve from one to the other. Mine currently has the PX4 sleeve installed, I also have a PX4, but I also have a 92 sleeve on hand.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:57 am

WLJ wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:51 am
Have had a CX4 in 9mm for 10 or more years and it's on my top 3 guns that I own list.
When you buy one you usually have choice of it using PX4 or 92 mags though you can change the mag well sleeve from one to the other. Mine currently has the PX4 sleeve installed, I also have a PX4, but I also have a 92 sleeve on hand.

It doesn't tell me which in the ad. Figured I'd roll the dice seeing as I own neither already. I got tons of mags for a Sub 2K but no real foregrip. I didn't enjoy shooting it.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:29 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:57 am
WLJ wrote:

It doesn't tell me which in the ad. Figured I'd roll the dice seeing as I own neither already. I got tons of mags for a Sub 2K but no real foregrip. I didn't enjoy shooting it.
I think they're usually 92 unless it says otherwise.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:48 pm

If mounting a red dot a micro RD with the low mount will co witness with the iron sights although you can fold the iron sights out of the way if you wish. That how I got mine at the moment.

Also have this on it with two spare 20rd mags https://www.amazon.com/DeSantis-Ambidex ... 219&sr=8-1
Wow, looks liie the price has gone way up on that
These users liked the author WLJ for the post:
KYgundude
Rating: 12.5%

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Once in a blue moon I look at this https://mfiap.com/i-7832697-mfi-battle ... -mail.html

But then I think it's silly. But here i am thinking of it again.
They used CX4s on the show.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:53 pm

The only thing I really don't like on the CX4 is the safety.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:59 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Niceguy wrote:

I have never cared about suppression. I am intentionally avoiding black rifles and ones that look like them. My wife does not like guns(especially the self firing black ones) but has encouraged the hobby nonetheless. I feel the PC9 is more hunting rifle looking and the CX4 is FDE and more space laser looking. I promised I wouldn't get another AR. I'd actually have preferred a nice 45 cal Henry Lever gun but 9mm is the easiest sourced handgun ammo without paying too much and 9mm can't do levers :(
Henry in 357 or 44 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:04 pm

If only they would make a model in 357Sig. 357Sig is smoking out of a 16" barrel.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:05 pm

20210704_125715-RS.jpg
These users liked the author WLJ for the post:
KYgundude

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:09 pm

A light is mounted on the side rail on other side.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:12 pm

Dustin wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:59 pm
KYgundude wrote:
Niceguy wrote:

Henry in 357 or 44 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously considered that man. My Henry 22 is my favorite gun to shoot. I LOVE lever guns. Fact is, I am getting 9mm easily at 20 bucks a box or less. I don't feel ammo availability is going to improve. I wish they made a 9mm but they don't have a rim friendly to tube feeding. And long colts? Forget about it :(

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:37 pm

WLJ wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:29 pm
KYgundude wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:57 am
WLJ wrote:

I think they're usually 92 unless it says otherwise.
Note I THINK

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:59 pm

This is what it said(note SAID.) Will be mine.....

More Information
SKU 21160139
UPC 082442942704
Brand Beretta
Model Name Cx4 Storm
MPN JX4922105M
Caliber 9mm
Capacity 20+1
Barrel Length 16.6"
Length 29.7"
Weight 5.67 lbs.
Sights Adjustable
Stock Fixed Thumbhole, Flat Dark Earth Thumbhole Stock
Grip Standard
Trigger Standard
Safety Ambidextrous
Finish Flat Dark Earth
Condition New in Box

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:07 pm

MPN JX4922105M

Pretty sure the 92 in that means it comes with the 92 sleeve installed.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:15 pm

WLJ wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:07 pm
MPN JX4922105M

Pretty sure the 92 in that means it comes with the 92 sleeve installed.
Is this a bad thing? I only own Kahr and Glock mags already.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:19 pm

No Glock mags with the CX4. Your choice is either PX4 or 92 mags depending on which sleeve is installed. Whether or not that's a bad thing is up to you.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:28 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Niceguy wrote:

I love me some lever guns too! I agree, sucks 9mm isn't really possible. My old Marlin 39a of my grandparents is absolutely one of my favorite guns to shoot. Definitely the most accurate iron sight gun I own too.
Having shot the CX4 and the PC9 I really don't think you'd go wrong with either. Both are really nice. Getting away from the "AR" look, maybe a Kriss Vector in 9mm in fde or white or whatever. Crazy sci-fi looking PC that shoots fantastic also.

Good luck in your search! My wife is used to only police/security and drug dealers or assassins having guns so she was pretty anti gun. I didn't push her at all, but didn't act differently around her with guns than I did before her. She eventually asked about them and I told her anytime she ever wanted to try one to just ask. I promised her I wouldn't give her something crazy loud or with any "kick" at all. She eventually asked and I told her I'd probably hurt her feelings at some point, but I'd never let her get hurt or hurt anyone else. She agreed and I checked her dominant eye and she is right handed and left eye dominant so we had to fight that battle. I finally set her up for her first shot and it was with my 1st gun I got for my 4th birthday, my Stevens model 26 Crackshot. Tiny, single shot, lite weight and cute...haha She liked it and has asked to shoot a couple more times, only .22 so far. She's still really scared, but says it's fun. She's definitely battling her fears! Just shooting a few times you can tell she's exhausted because she's so nervous...

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Search ended. Always respected WLJs take and taste in guns. I decided to click before they're gone as I've been watching for one for awhile. 100 bucks more than I wanted to pay but having one in stock is a huge draw

https://www.rkguns.com/beretta-cx4-stor ... -16-6.html

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:28 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:26 am
I want a carbine chambered in 9mm due to ammo availability/cost, I'm waffling back and forth between the Ruger PC Carbine and the Berette CX4 storm.

Goals: A 9mm range carbine that's fun and also a reasonable home defense weapon(and think hi point carbines are butt ugly). I think both guns provide that. Both have excellent reviews.

Opinions and reasons?
I had a Beretta CX4 and Sub 2000K and they were okay. My favorite is the SIG MPX this is amazing, but also $2K now days. I bought a Ruger PCC on Friday at Cabela's and took it to the range yesterday. If shot nice I had a few failures to feed when the mag was full, but filled up 3/4 th the way it ran fine. I had a $300 gift card and it was only $599 so I don't have much in it. Looking for an optic to go on it. My plan is to buy another Sig if they come down at all. Colt 9mm is also a nice option.
These users liked the author Next for the post:
KYgundude

Return to “Other Rifles”