MAC looks at the X95 Tavor

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

MAC looks at the X95 Tavor

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:47 pm

They made quite a few changes including the trigger many complained about.

BTW: The SBR version is suppose to released later this year. Tax stamp required of course.

https://youtu.be/CASkgMiTZDc

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: MAC looks at the X95 Tavor

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:33 pm

Are the X-95s backwards compatible with the old triggers? Sure would suck for all of those Geissele triggers to be unusable on the new Tavor.

I like the new grip angle. I wish the magazine release, which I see as a MAJOR improvement, was fenced on the trigger side as well. It's awfully close to the trigger. Hopefully we don't see any magazine change NDs a la SERPA style finger slip.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Whootsinator wrote:Are the X-95s backwards compatible with the old triggers? Sure would suck for all of those Geissele triggers to be unusable on the new Tavor.

I like the new grip angle. I wish the magazine release, which I see as a MAJOR improvement, was fenced on the trigger side as well. It's awfully close to the trigger. Hopefully we don't see any magazine change NDs a la SERPA style finger slip.
The trigger packs are suppose to be interchangeable with the reg Tavor.

I got one on the way from Atlantic Firearms so you're welcome to try it whenever I'm at the range if you're there too.

Speaking of the grip, this is what the optional grip and trigger guard looks like, it's suppose to be available soon. Couldn't tell you what the price will be. SBR version shown below.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Should have watched the full video before asking, it was addressed at 18:30ish

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:26 pm

What's his name in the video, I keep wanting to call him MAC, is on the bullpup forum and he just stated he thinks there's a burr in the mag well which was keeping some of the mags from dropping free. Which means either it will rub down on it own are just needs to be knocked off.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:37 pm

That would be excellent. Only USGI mags dropping free is a bit of a let down.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:42 pm

This is his actual statement
There might be some burrs in the mag well. I suspect with use it will start to drop some of the mags it didn't, however the HexMag I doubt will ever drop free.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Just picked mine up
First impressions
My p-mags, both gen2 & Gen3, do drop free
Does feel smaller and lighter despite being the same length and weight as the reg Tavor
I have no issue with the placement of the release. Probably because I don't have a 12" index finger like Tim in the video.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Fil bought a tavor and ot was the new hotness and I thought I'd like but it's just odd to me. Not necessarily wrong but didn't like.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:44 am

jackalo626 wrote:Fil bought a tavor and ot was the new hotness and I thought I'd like but it's just odd to me. Not necessarily wrong but didn't like.
That's because you're old and set in your ways Jack.

:llama:

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:57 am

It wasn't an AK...Jack no like :llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

$1600+ is a lot of ak.....hmmmm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 pm

jackalo626 wrote:$1600+ is a lot of ak.....hmmmm
You mean used to be a lot of AK. High quality AKs are over $1,000 now. Besides AKs are so 1940s ;)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:$1600+ is a lot of ak.....hmmmm
You mean used to be a lot of AK. High quality AKs are over $1,000 now. Besides AKs are so 1940s ;)
$1600 is more than $1000.......

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:42 pm

$1600 used to be three or four AKs....lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:46 pm

ssracer wrote:$1600 used to be three or four AKs....lol
I paid $125 each for two MAK90s
Sold them both for $600 each.
Wish I had bought a bunch more back then.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Update
Turns out his p-mags weren't dropping free because they were old and bulging which is something p-mags have been known to do. Non-bulging p-mags dropped free just fine like they do in mine.

https://youtu.be/lslFaCvv8TU

Return to “Other Rifles”