The G36 saga continues

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

The G36 saga continues

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:56 am

Check out the gunsmith photos. Any KAC expert opinions?

The G36 Controversy Intensifies
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... tensifies/
Last edited by WLJ on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

The G36 saga continues

Post by ssracer » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:00 am

I don't like the seemingly pointless extreme height over bore
Last edited by ssracer on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: The G36 saga continues

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:04 am

Guy in the comments states his changes zero by several inches with changes in temperature.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:11 am

Because we're HK, and we hate you.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:48 am

Too tight tolerance stack

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:22 pm

I just dont feel that you will EVER have a better platform to host the 5.56/223 then the AR15/M16 family of weapons. You may have some that have some that use some lighter parts, bullpups, have nifty folding stocks, but none that will match the overall effectiveness of the AR15 with the 5.56/223 round. Both the AR15 and the 5.56 have been developed together , to be the perfect pairing , not until we have a large leap in bullet design, such as a huge leap in propellents, bullets, or cases, or the way a rifle functions with such, ceaseless , or a new way of feeding the round, will we see anything top the AR15/M16 family of weapons.

Of course , the market will not be happy with just the AR15/M16. They will try to develop a new gun that may utilize cheaper manufacturing processes, or slight improvements in one area or another, but all will fall short in the total package. The SCAR, G36, Tavor, ACR, HK416, sure they all offer a package that looks different and feels different, but none utilizes the bullet better then the AR15/M16.

So this latest issue with the G36 dose not surprise me, its just the cost of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:39 pm

The G36 has always been garbage. It's fun and has a ton of CDI points, but a quality fighting carbine it is not.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:45 pm

HK only made one true firearm, and that was the MP5.

:D

Jff24Gordn
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jff24Gordn » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 am

ssracer wrote:I don't like the seemingly pointless extreme height over bore
The height is due to the location of the charging handle. They wanted to make it ambidextrous and out
of the way, so they put it directly on top of the bolt carrier. Knights made a low pro rail that I have on my G36K conversion. Its out of production and hard to find.

arjaycruz100

Post by arjaycruz100 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:12 am

I knew there was a reason I like the M16/AR15 based rifles. I love polymer gun parts in the right place. The best pistol I ever used on the job, was a Glock 17. Why HK used this system is baffling.
Ask me about my zombie fighting weapons

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:48 pm

It was a new concept at the time... One that should have undergone much more strenuous testing before put in the hands of customers, especially soldiers. If I had to guess I'd say by the time they realized everything that was wrong everyone involved was in too deep to properly correct it or even admit the problems.

Welcome to KAC, by the way. Post an intro and stick around.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Whootsinator wrote:It was a new concept at the time... One that should have undergone much more strenuous testing before put in the hands of customers, especially soldiers. If I had to guess I'd say by the time they realized everything that was wrong everyone involved was in too deep to properly correct it or even admit the problems.

Welcome to KAC, by the way. Post an intro and stick around.

I agree, and lets face it, military service is the best test bed. The AR15 was in military service like 20 years before it really took off as the number 1 rifle in America , and it underwent several upgrades (Most Minor) while in service. You will always find issues that arise even after testing , its how you handle them that really counts. At this point they have identified an issue in the G36 that needs to be corrected if a retrofit fix can not be found at cheaper cost then replacement.......well.........I guess they need to replace it. What you never do is sweep the issue away to avoid embarrassment and or the cost or rearming.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 am

Design flaw
Barrel and turrion are a standard way H/K builds rifles
Problem is that the turrion is molded into reciever.
Should have a steel shell that the turrion is attached to and then that is molded with the polymer.
A Benilli Nova is made that way as a example.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 am

Well now
The audit reportedly concluded that G36 rifle receivers were being made in whole or in part from polyethylene plastic (a very common, very cheap plastic of the kind used to make milk jugs and bags), rather than the polyamide plastic specified:
According to the Court of Auditors’ report and the Bundeswehr Research Institute of the Bundeswehr found evidence of oddities. In the plastic mixture of the housing of the series rifles, the additive polyethylene could be detected, which could promote the deformation of the hot weapon.

The delivered by the company’s flagship model, the so-called Abnahmedemonstrator of 1993, with the German army was convinced of the practicality of the weapon, on the other hand, no polyethylene contained.
- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... bYj0c.dpuf

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:35 am

Stick a fork in it

Had high hopes for this rifle when I first saw it.

German Defense Minister: G36 Has “No Future” With Bundeswehr - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... nQsJ0.dpuf

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Womp womp womp. I'm still converting my sl8. I'm not scared.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:21 pm

A Possible (Free) Solution To the G36 Issues from Strike Industries
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... ndustries/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:38 pm

When in doubt
On Friday, the case is to go before a court in Koblenz, southern Germany, where the army’s procurement office is situated. It is up to the judges to determine whether the G36, the German army’s standard assault rifle since 1996, loses accuracy when it heats up. The company, meanwhile, is out to rescue its reputation and its prestigious relationship with the German military – built up in over 50 years of collaboration.

Some say the company has reason to feel aggrieved. “I can understand if Heckler & Koch said that this was damaging to its business and reputation – one could argue that,” said Sebastian Schulte, a defence analyst and Germany correspondent for a military magazine “Jane’s Defence Weekly.” “In my opinion,Heckler & Koch is seeking closure of the issue and validation by the court’s decision, to show that they haven’t done anything wrong.”
BREAKING: Heckler & Koch Takes the German Government TO COURT Over G36 Accuracy Question
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... -question/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:13 pm

And around and around we go
On the heels of Heckler & Koch announcing their suit against the German government regarding statements about the company’s G36 assault rifle, comes news that the German court in Koblenz has issued a statement that the German gun manufacturer cannot be blamed for any problems the rifles may have, as the rifles were delivered conforming to government specifications. From Der Spiegel:
BREAKING: German Defense Minister in HOT WATER Over G36 Controversy, Koblenz Court Sides with H&K
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/05/277601/

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:34 pm

WLJ wrote:And around and around we go
On the heels of Heckler & Koch announcing their suit against the German government regarding statements about the company’s G36 assault rifle, comes news that the German court in Koblenz has issued a statement that the German gun manufacturer cannot be blamed for any problems the rifles may have, as the rifles were delivered conforming to government specifications. From Der Spiegel:
BREAKING: German Defense Minister in HOT WATER Over G36 Controversy, Koblenz Court Sides with H&K
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/05/277601/
Sounds like Vietnam and the M-16. Worked great in testing then the government bean counters got involved and everything went to shit

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:22 am

That was my first thought, too.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:16 am

BREAKING: Court Rules H&K NOT AT FAULT for G36 Rifle Controversy; Owes German Gov’t No Compensation
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... pensation/

Jff24Gordn
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jff24Gordn » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:52 am

Breaking: my G36k conversion broke yesterday. Charging handle pin broke and parts flew down range.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:02 pm

:shock:

Return to “Other Rifles”