Faxon AR-AK-21

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
adayton
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Faxon AR-AK-21

Post by adayton » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 pm

I figured this was the place for this .... since it is not an AR and not an AK ...
I was at the gun show this weekend and was visited by the Sales Manager for Faxon Firearms out of the Cincy area ... He asked that I visit his booth and see the demo ... which I did ...
Very impressive piece of hardware the ARAK-21 is ...
And several months ago (maybe more like a year or so ago), Iain Harrison wrote an article for Recoil, the magazine he is in charge of ... (Issue 6 to be exact)
Mr. Harrison didn't have much bad to say about the ARAK and a whole lot of good things... and that's actually when I was first introduced to it ... as I have been a regular reader of Recoil magazine for over a year now ...
Anyway, to make a long story short, I was impressed enough to join the ranks of dealership for Faxon and will probably have one to fondle in a week or two (depending on how quickly they can fill the order)
What I thought was intriguing was the fact that they sell it as a full upper that will rest comfortably on your mil-spec lower of just about anyone's manufacture ... If you don't want to spend the extra money for their billet matched lower.
The other cool thing they do is the ability to interchange barrels ... They have two chamberings presently ... 5.56/.223 and .300 Blackout in 10.5", 16" and 20" lengths as well as different profiles with stainless and fluted offerings.
They also manufacture their own barrels as well as offer barrels for standard mil-spec AR-15 rifle builds.

I wondered if anyone else had had any experience with them or knew anything more about them ... (maybe hands on experience ... etc.)

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Faxon AR-AK-21

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am

Never heard of them.

I have seen and fired other switch barrel ARs before.
But other companies have made/make a monolith upper.
I would like to see one up close myself.

adayton

Post by adayton » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:30 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Never heard of them.

I have seen and fired other switch barrel ARs before.
But other companies have made/make a monolith upper.
I would like to see one up close myself.
I have it ordered and as soon as it gets here, I will bring it down to the shop ... or maybe we can meet at the range to run it through its paces ... :-)
I was hoping it may be here by the shooter's meet and if it does, I will definitely have it with me ...

I have owned a Robinson Armament XCR-L for about 6 months ... only had the .223/5.56 barrel for it, but they supposedly have 3 ... (5.56/.223, .68 SPC and 7.62x39) ... also, they have the XCR-M with the 7.62x51/.308 chambering ... and I think they were supposed to have it in .260 Rem ...
Nice rifle, but I found someone that wanted it more than me and ended up trading it off ... :-)

adayton

Post by adayton » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Looks like I should have the Faxon ARAK-21 in my hands before the weekend ... which means I will be able to have it at the meet at Roosters on 7/12 ... so anyone interested will be able to put it in their hands for a closer look ...
Here's the link to their site ...
http://www.faxonfirearms.com/
See you there....
Allan

SpyderArms

Post by SpyderArms » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:15 am

Looks like I might have to drive over there and check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spyder Arms LLC
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
info@SpyderArms.com

Return to “Other Rifles”