I have the worst luck with scopes/optics

From anschutz to tikka, post up about your favorite bolt action rifles.
shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

I have the worst luck with scopes/optics

Post by shelbygoat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Was out shooting the Rem 700 .223 with the Vortex Crossfire mounted and after 15 or so shots the gas went blurry on me. I attempted to change the magnification and focus ring, but would not focus at all. Checked the rings to make sure they were tight. Just sent an email to Primary Arms to see if I need to return it to them or contact Vortex.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: I have the worst luck with scopes/optics

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 pm

shelbygoat wrote:Was out shooting the Rem 700 .223 with the Vortex Crossfire mounted and after 15 or so shots the gas went blurry on me. I attempted to change the magnification and focus ring, but would not focus at all. Checked the rings to make sure they were tight. Just sent an email to Primary Arms to see if I need to return it to them or contact Vortex.
Isn't the crossfire line for rimfires?

Edit: Just checked, some are, some not
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:22 pm

You are too rough Shelby!!!

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:24 pm

WLJ wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:Was out shooting the Rem 700 .223 with the Vortex Crossfire mounted and after 15 or so shots the gas went blurry on me. I attempted to change the magnification and focus ring, but would not focus at all. Checked the rings to make sure they were tight. Just sent an email to Primary Arms to see if I need to return it to them or contact Vortex.
Isn't the crossfire line for rimfires?

Edit: Just checked, some are, some not
https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_Cros ... -31015.htm

the one i got

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm

That sucks....but it happens to the best of em.....

We were shooting a couple Weeks ago and a neighbor friend brought his .50 topped with a brand new scope he paid $2k for.....after less than 10 rds fired it went blurry and you couldn't see past 50 yds with it....

Im sure Vortex will make it right, but it sucks to be without a scope when u need it
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:32 pm

From Vortex's website
Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 pm

I shot an email to Primary Arms first to see if they will swap it out for me, if they can't them I will email Vortex. I also need to return a butler creek cap to them that I could get knocked out at the same time, which doesnt fit on the scope and was included for an upgrade I did.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Could it be going from a cooler AC environment to the heat we are are having today?
IDK?
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:48 pm

scorpionmain wrote:Could it be going from a cooler AC environment to the heat we are are having today?
IDK?
Maybe....but damn feels like I am going cheap on a scope if so....I really like the scope.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:48 pm

So after one email and a 5 min phone call with primary arms I have a shipping notification for a new scope on its way to me.

Return to “Bolt Action”