T/C Compass in .308, need muzzle brake advice

From anschutz to tikka, post up about your favorite bolt action rifles.
BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

T/C Compass in .308, need muzzle brake advice

Post by BK Meyers » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Yesterday I bought a T/C Compass bolt action in .308 from Ky Gun. Thompson Center is running a $50 rebate on them and to make it even better Ky Gun had a combo deal that included Leupod scope rings and a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 scope.

I'm now looking for an effective but affordable muzzle brake. The barrel is factory threaded (5/8x24).

Ky Gun had one for $75 but I wanted to shoot the rifle first without a brake. Plus I'd like to find a unit for less money.

I've checked on Ebay and have a few that I am watching. Am I wrong in thinking that a muzzle brake similar in design to one used on an AK47 would also be effective on a .308 bolt action??

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: T/C Compass in .308, need muzzle brake advice

Post by Dustin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Gem tech tracker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 am

Yes to answer your question a AK style will work

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am

BK Meyers wrote:Yesterday I bought a T/C Compass bolt action in .308 from Ky Gun. Thompson Center is running a $50 rebate on them and to make it even better Ky Gun had a combo deal that included Leupod scope rings and a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 scope.

I'm now looking for an effective but affordable muzzle brake. The barrel is factory threaded (5/8x24).

Ky Gun had one for $75 but I wanted to shoot the rifle first without a brake. Plus I'd like to find a unit for less money.

I've checked on Ebay and have a few that I am watching. Am I wrong in thinking that a muzzle brake similar in design to one used on an AK47 would also be effective on a .308 bolt action??

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
BK
The one on my .458 is basically a bunch of holes along the sides. Seems to work well.

such as the one in the upper left of this picture, but with much smaller and many more holes.

(these are all applicable for bolt action rifles)
Attachments
Muzzle-Brake-1050x525.jpg

Return to “Bolt Action”