Paleo recipes

This forum is for workout plans, fitness challenges, body image changes, and general fitness.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Paleo recipes

Post by Niceguy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:44 pm

We seem to have quite a few on here having good to great success with this style of eating and I'm looking to have some of the same. Post them up...
Recipes. Alternatives to off limit foods. Opinions. All things paleo. GO!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Paleo recipes

Post by Niceguy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:27 am

1st attempt this morning was very good. And I have a quick breakfast for most of the rest of the week. I used hot sause on them. In lieu of ketchup. I use a MASSIVE amount of ketchup and trying to back off of that. Salsa would be good too.

6-8 eggs depending other ingredients
4-6 cups total of whatever you like. I did sausage, spinach, jalapeños, carrots, onion.
That's it for ingredients...
I cooked a half a roll of spicy sausage (as if there's any other kind) in cast iron skillet, set it to the side, drained grease just leaving it wet but not puddled. Dropped in 1 cup shaved carrots, half a small onion, 2 diced med sized jalapeños to brown a little. Added about 2 packed cups of spinach the last min or two. Loosely put that mixture in a muffin tin coated in Pam and then poured in 8 eggs beaten with a little salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder evenly into each cup. Cooked in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 17min.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:59 am

That's pretty much what I do with everything Johnny. No set recipes or ingredients, just toss some chicken breasts or pork chops or turkey or steak on the George Foreman grill, dice up some vegetables (usually a variety of peppers), sometimes dice up the meat, toss it in a skillet for a few minutes and add seasoning if needed. I set all of the meat on paper towels to absorb any grease for a few minutes.

My big thing was cutting out bread, vending machine stuff, chips, muffins, etc. I haven't cut out cheese though, gotta have my cheese. Went from 227 down to 183 with really little effort. I never got as committed as KGD, but I am happy with the results.

After starting at the gym I'm back up to 188, but feel 1000 times better than I did this time last year.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Grains and dairy will be a BIG BIG BIG struggle for me...I don't really snack or eat much "junk food", I eat plenty of crappy food. Just not much chips, candy, cookies, ice cream, sodas or stuff like that.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Yeah, cheese is too difficult for me, but I seem to be doing just fine with it. Eliminating the grains, I thought that would be really hard but after a week or two it wasn't hard at all. Now I just get funny Looks when I strip the bread from a chicken sandwich or something.

Oh, and soda. Gave it up too.

-- Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:36 pm --

Can't even begin to explain how much better I feel every day.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Flax Seed Muffin in a cup

==============
Base Ingredients:
==============
1/4 cup ground flax seed (I use Bob's Redmill)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder (not baking soda)
1 egg
Sweetener of choice (I use a couple of drops of ez-sweets)

==============
Add-ins
==============
Now - from here, you can go hog wild with flavorings. Potential add-ins include:
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Cinnamon
Frozen berries
Walnuts
Peanut/almond butter
Lemon zest
Orange zest

You can also use a tall mug and double the recipe, just double the cook time as well.

==============
Instructions
==============

1. Spray the inside of a coffee mug with a non-stick spray, an olive oil mister, whatever you prefer. You can even reach in with your fingers and spread some butter on the sides.

2. Crack one egg into the coffee mug.

3. Add flax seed, baking powder, sweetener, desired add-ins.

4. Stir/whisk vigorously with a fork until all ingredients are mixed.

5. Microwave for 1 minute. (Add 30 seconds for frozen ingredients)

6. Eat that mutha'

=================
Nutritional Information
=================
For this example, I used cocoa powder and cinnamon as my addins.

Calories: 245
Fat: 19g
Carbohydrates: 10g
Fiber: 9g
Protein: 13g

Return to “Physical Fitness”