Everyday shoes for Plantar Fasciitis

This forum is for workout plans, fitness challenges, body image changes, and general fitness.
Bama
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Everyday shoes for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by Bama » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis for about a year now. Foot doc gave me some insoles that helped for a few months, and the pain and being uncomfortable is back.
Anyone deal with this recommend a pair of shoes? I'm on my fee a good 12 hours a day, and mainly on concrete. Thought about a lightweight hiking shoe, like a Merrel or Solomon. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Everyday shoes for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:34 pm

1. Get rid of the insoles.
2. Wear a shoe with a minimal amount of drop in the sole.
3. Start increasing your time spent barefoot.
4. Stretch your feet a couple of times a day. Rest the ball of your foot on a ledge like you would if doing calf raises. You want to stretch the tissue in the bottom of your feet.

Fixing tendinitis is a long process, especially in the foot.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Good info. Thanks.
I'm hoping the doc has it right. When I get out of bed I have little to no pain, and it gradually increases in my heel, arch, and calf throughout the day, become unbearable to walk on at times.

Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:34 pm

My experience is different than most. Good work boots with a heel has almost eradicated mine. I only ever feel it while wearing tennis shoes or other light shoes. FWIW, I HATE going barefoot.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Marcus wrote:My experience is different than most. Good work boots with a heel has almost eradicated mine. I only ever feel it while wearing tennis shoes or other light shoes. FWIW, I HATE going barefoot.
Yeah, the heel doesn't have much to do with the plantar fascia, but a low drop does help with the stretching. I would say what helped yous is the lack of arch support in a boot (flat insole) compared to a running shoe that is thick through the mid foot. Whatever the reason, glad you're good. The pain is awful
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm with ya on the barefoot. Lol, I don't have time for barefoot.

I wear Timberland Classic Euro Hiker now, and some basic Nike's while in the garage.

Kingdom Concealment

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:45 am

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:53 am

I've used a frozen water bottle to roll my foot on. You can hold it on the worst spot to help numb it and put more or less pressure on it as you roll to help stretch and loosen it up.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:20 am

KYgundude wrote:This guy's Kung-Fu is strong!!

http://strengthrunning.com/2011/10/cure ... fascitiis/
Good article. Some gems in the comments too
Tench Coxe

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:10 am

Yeah. Jason is my running hero. I own his injury prevention/treatment program and did his running boot camp. He also helped me build my recovery program post surgery. I trust his advice 100%

Sent from an unknown location where I'm hoarding cookies

Return to “Physical Fitness”