Back on the Track

This forum is for workout plans, fitness challenges, body image changes, and general fitness.
Harb
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Back on the Track

Post by Harb » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:09 am

Went for a run for the first time in nearly six months. I've never done any outside training on inclines before. Made it probably half a mile before my body went, "Nope. Not doing it." Had to walk the rest of the way and this morning my legs are sooooore.

Can't wait to see what happens when I get back to strength training.... 8-)

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Back on the Track

Post by KYgundude » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:03 am

Half a mile cold is HUGE Harb!!
I was up to 7 miles when I had my surgery that took me out for nearly 3 weeks. Now I'm fighting for 4 miles. Your cardiovascular system works like a muscle. You need to grow that endurance and it atrophies fast.

If you do want to be a runner I strongly recommend the Couch to 5K app by Active Networks. it costs 2 bucks but its the best app and in 8 weeks will have you running 30 minutes non stop.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:13 am

Good deal, glad you're getting back into it. Running has never been my thing, but I do it because I need too. I try to run at least 2mi every morning, I rarely run more than 4mi. Once you get into the routine, it will get easier, getting started is always the hardest part.

Harb

Post by Harb » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks, guys. I lost a lot of weight thanks to my cardio. Figured it was time to resume now that the chaos of graduating, getting married, and moving to a new job has settled down.

Return to “Physical Fitness”