New Fime group AK (Arsenal)

The AK-47 and all variants therein.
ben_p
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

New Fime group AK (Arsenal)

Post by ben_p » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Picked it up today. Fit and finish looks great. My only complaint is the engraving looks cheap compared to what I have seen by Arsenal in the past. It's right at home with my S12 and AMD65.

I think next I need something in 5.45.

"Can you feel the tension? I can! I can feel it... down in my plums. They're getting a nice bluish hue, gettin' ready to take 'em to the farmer's market." -Ashley Schaeffer

Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: New Fime group AK (Arsenal)

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 am

I dig it.

ben_p

Post by ben_p » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 am

I didn't care too much for it, so I got rid of it.
"Can you feel the tension? I can! I can feel it... down in my plums. They're getting a nice bluish hue, gettin' ready to take 'em to the farmer's market." -Ashley Schaeffer

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:27 am

Care to elaborate? Find something wrong, or you just didn't like it? What didn't you like?

This kind of info helps the rest of us make decisions for ourselves.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

ben_p

Post by ben_p » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am

I was impressed with the fit and finish of the rifle, everything was very well done. I got the rifle on a trade, but the price of these things is just crazy considering it's just a nicely converted Saiga.

I took it to the range next to my ~$400 AMD-65 and fired a 30 rounder through each of them at a 25 yard target. The accuracy was comparable between each of them, with maybe a slight edge to the SGL. The SGL weighs more than the AMD, but it felt like it kicked a bit harder and took longer to reset on target. My AMD recoils about like an AR, while the SGL quite a bit more noticeable.

That was pretty much it, it fed fine (of course) and was very nicely made, I just couldn't justify the 'value' of it compared to what else I could own with that money, so I sold it. I would rather have two more AMDs (I am a fan of them if you can't tell) or just buy a Saiga and convert it myself (or pay cranky if I lived in Louisville) for quite a bit less cash.

Return to “AK-47”